Brian Oliver (producer)
Oliver holds a bachelor's degree from the UC Berkeley, as well as a J.D. from Whittier College School of Law. Oliver was an All-Conference infielder on the baseball team while studying at UC Berkeley.
Oliver started his career at Paramount Pictures, followed by a stint in the Motion Picture department at the William Morris Agency (WMA). He left WMA to become President of Production at Propaganda Films, where he oversaw development and production of their film slate. He then produced Paul Schrader's Auto Focus. Oliver founded Samuels Media (Michael Clayton) before teaming up with Timmy and Tyler Thompson to launch Cross Creek Pictures.
Oliver received an Oscar nomination for producing Cross Creek's first film, Darren Aronofsky's psychological ballet thriller Black Swan. He also won the Best Feature Film Award at the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards for Black Swan, and was nominated for a Golden Globe and for the Producers Guild of America Award for Best Picture of the Year. Oliver produced CCP's The Ides of March and received a second Producer's Guild of America Producer of the Year Award nomination for Best Picture of the Year. Additional CCP credits include The Woman in Black, starring Daniel Radcliffe, and Ron Howard’s Formula One racing biopic, Rush. Other credits include A Walk Among the Tombstones, Everest, and Black Mass. Oliver is the producer of World War II film Hacksaw Ridge, directed by Mel Gibson, and American Made, starring Tom Cruise.
To date, the nine films that have been financed and produced by Oliver during his tenure at Cross Creek Pictures have been nominated for six Academy Awards, thirteen Golden Globes and eighteen BAFTAs, and have grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide.
- Auto Focus (2002)
- Give 'Em Hell, Malone (2009)
- Black Swan (2010)
- The Ides of March (2011)
- The Woman in Black (2012)
- Arthur Newman (2012)
- Aftershock (2012)
- Rush (2013)
- A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014)
- Everest (2015)
- Black Mass (2015)
- Legend (2015)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
- Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
- American Made (2017)
- Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017)
- Flatliners (2017)
- Rocketman (2019)
- 1917 (2019)
- "Brian Oliver exits Cross Creek Pictures, lines up next venture". Screen. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- "DIAMOND VISION: Brian Oliver Brings A Ballplayer's Instincts To Producing Feature Films".
- Busch, Anita (2017-03-03). "Filmula's Johnny Lin & Brian Oliver Acquire Rights To 'Rise' From Warner Bros". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- N'Duka, Amanda (2017-09-25). "Johnny Lin & Brian Oliver Prep Horror Film 'Sacrifice', Paul Johansson Directing". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- Weintraub, Steve. "Exclusive: Producer Brian Oliver Talks THE IDES OF MARCH, RUSH, Steve McQueen Biopic, THE WOMAN IN BLACK, and Much More". Collider.com. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- Konrad, Todd. "Brian Oliver: New Wave Film Financing". Independent Film Quarterly. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|