Brian O'Neill (ice hockey, born 1988)
June 1, 1988|
Yardley, Pennsylvania, USA
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg; 12 st 7 lb)|
New Jersey Devils
|National team||United States|
Undrafted, O'Neill played collegiate hockey with Yale University of the ECAC before signing a one-year entry-level contract with the Los Angeles Kings at the conclusion of his senior year on March 15, 2012. and was assigned to the Manchester Monarchs.
In the 2014–15 season, his third full season within the Kings organization, O'Neill was assigned to continue to play with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL. He enjoyed a break out year offensively with the Monarchs, leading not only the team but the league with 58 assists and 80 points in 71 games to be awarded the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL's most valuable player. In the post-season O'Neill's continued his offensive pace in recording 10 goals and 20 points to help the Monarch's dominate the league and capture the Calder Cup in their final season within the AHL.
Prior to the 2015–16 season, O'Neill attended the Kings training camp and participated in the pre-season. O'Neill was unable to earn a roster spot in Los Angeles and as a result on the eve of the season, on October 6, 2015, the Kings traded O'Neill to the New Jersey Devils in return for a conditional 7th round pick. O'Neill made his NHL debut with the Devils on October 10, 2015 against the Washington Capitals. He played 22 games in the NHL for the Devils that season and also made 42 appearances for their AHL affiliate Albany Devils.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2015–16||New Jersey Devils||NHL||22||0||2||2||8||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|All-ECAC Hockey Rookie Team||2008–09|
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2010–11|||
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2011|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||2011–12|
|Les Cunningham Award (AHL Most Valuable Player)||2014–15|||
|John B. Sollenberger Trophy (AHL leading scorer)||2014–15|
|Second All-Star Team||2014–15|
|Calder Cup (Manchester Monarchs)||2015|||
- "Kings sign forward Brian O'Neill to one-year entry level contract". Los Angeles Kings. 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Devils acquire Brian O'Neill from the Kings". New Jersey Devils. 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League". theahl.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Brian O'Neill Jokereihin". Jokerit.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "All-League & All-Rookie Teams Announced". ECAC Hockey. 2011-03-18. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "All-Tournament Honors" (PDF). ECAC Hockey. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Monarchs' O'Neill voted AHL MVP". American Hockey League. 2015-04-01. Archived from the original on 2015-04-18. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Manchester defeats Utica to win Calder Cup". National Hockey League. 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2015-06-19.