This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Brian Christopher O'Halloran (born December 20, 1969) is an American actor, producer, and podcaster best known for playing Dante Hicks in Kevin Smith's debut 1994 film Clerks and its 2006 sequel, Clerks II. He has also made appearances in most of Smith's View Askewniverse films, either as Dante Hicks or one of Dante's cousins. He has two older brothers, one of whom founded a bar in Palm Springs entitled "PaulBar," after his name, Paul O'Halloran.
Brian Christopher O'Halloran
December 20, 1969
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
O'Halloran was born in Manhattan, New York City, and lived in Old Bridge Township, New Jersey from the age of 13. A second-generation Irish-American, both his parents emigrated from Ireland. His father died when O'Halloran was 15 years old. He graduated from Cedar Ridge High School.
O'Halloran is the lead actor in the 2000 film Vulgar, about a small town clown who is traumatized after he is attacked during one of his performances. Writer/director Bryan Johnson wrote the lead specifically with O'Halloran in mind.
He has worked on theatre productions since high school. He has said on the subject of doing theatre:
Oh, yeah. It's the best training you can do, as an actor. To be in front of a live audience. There's no 'Stop, wait, oh geez, what was that line again?' It just sharpens your reflexes. It sharpens your interaction. And it definitely sharpens your memory because you have to know an entire show from beginning to end.
In 2020, O'Halloran began presenting his own pop culture podcast, The O'HalloRant, on YouTube.
He is currently a resident of Pennsylvania.
|1997||Chasing Amy||Executive Jim Hicks|
|1999||Dogma||Grant Hicks||as Brian Christopher O'Halloran|
|2000||Clerks: The Animated Series||Dante Hicks||voice-only|
|Vulgar||Will Carlson/Flappy/Vulgar||as Brian Christopher O'Halloran|
|2001||Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back||Dante Hicks||as Brian Christopher O'Halloran|
|Drop Dead Roses||Shawn||as Brian C. O'Halloran|
|2002||The Flying Car||Dante Hicks|
|2003||Moby Presents: Alien Sex Party||Clerk|
|2006||Clerks II||Dante Hicks|
|The Junior Defenders||Mitch Stone||originally titled Groupies; its principal photography occurred in February–March 1997.|
|2008||The Happening||Jeep Driver|
|Hooking Up||Dr. Jordan|
|2011||Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions||Stadium Announcer|
|2011||Pokémon: Black & White||Mr. Garrison||Episode 694: Gotta Catch a Roggenrola!|
|2012||Cry for Revenge||TBA|
|2017||Right Before Your Eyes||John McCann|
|2019||Madness in the Method||as Himself|
|Jay and Silent Bob Reboot||Dante Hicks, Grant Hicks|
|2022||Clerks III||Dante Hicks||Post-production|
|Shooting Clerks||Elis Heimermann||Also associate producer and special thanks|
- Brian O'Halloran [@BrianCOHalloran] (May 13, 2018). "Happy Mother's Day to my mom Evelyn. Putting up with my nonsense and raising me & my two older brothers was not the easiest. Thank you for everything you did and have taught me about being a loving and caring person. I love you❣️ #HappyMothersDay t.co/p0DsPSbIX3" (Tweet). Archived from the original on May 10, 2022. Retrieved May 15, 2022 – via Twitter.
- Brian O'Halloran [@BrianCOHalloran] (June 2, 2018). "So proud of my brother Paul and his new bar/restaurant PaulBar in Palm Springs, CA Stop in for a fantastic drink and a bite to eat. Located 3700 E. Vista Chino, Palm Springs 760-656-4082 | t.co/VQA0qff9IM Open every day except Tue from 4p-1a Happy hour from 4p-7:15p t.co/GEFYAC6fVT" (Tweet). Archived from the original on May 10, 2022. Retrieved May 15, 2022 – via Twitter.
- Cahillane, Kevin. "For the Stars of 'Clerks,' It's Take Two" Archived November 6, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. The New York Times. July 16, 2006. Accessed February 15, 2011. "Mr. O'Halloran, a resident of Old Bridge since age 13, has not had to go the McJob route."
- Filichia, Peter. "Brian O'Halloran goes from 'Clerks' to 'The Crucible'", The Star-Ledger, July 23, 2010. Accessed March 26, 2011.
- O'Donnell, Chuck. "O'Halloran revisits Central Jersey theater roots", Courier News, August 3, 2015. Accessed October 6, 2019. "Playing Dante Hicks in Clerks has made Brian O'Halloran a working-class hero to generations of register jockeys.... Funny thing is, it all almost never happened. The skinny kid with glasses who once played the titular role of Snoopy at Cedar Ridge High School in the late 1980s had given up acting."
- "Interview with Brian O'Halloran". View Askew. February 2, 1998. Retrieved February 14, 2009.
- "The OHalloRANT - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved August 18, 2021.
- "Kevin Smith Announces Clerks 3". comicbook.com. Retrieved October 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian O'Halloran.|