Brian Lewis Jennings (born October 14, 1976) is a former American football long snapper and tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Arizona State University, and was picked by the 49ers in the 7th round of the 2000 NFL Draft. He is a two-time Pro Bowl selection, having been chosen for the 2004 and 2012 Pro Bowls as a special teams player. He is the founder of Jennings 1-4-1, dedicated to developing the skill of long snapping.
Jennings practices for the 2012 Pro Bowl.
|Born:||October 14, 1976|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Mesa (AZ) Red Mountain|
|NFL Draft:||2000 / Round: 7 / Pick: 230|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Jennings was born in Mesa, Arizona. At Red Mountain High School in Mesa, he lettered in football, basketball, and track. As a senior, he was the team captain of the football team and was an all-region honorable mention as a tight end.
Jennings attended Arizona State University, where he played in 32 games as a tight end and long snapper for the Arizona State Sun Devils football team. He finished his college career with four receptions, one touchdown and nine tackles.
Jennings played his entire career as the starting long snapper for the San Francisco 49ers, a role he filled for the team for thirteen seasons.
Jennings was released by the 49ers prior to the start of the 2013 NFL season.
Post football careerEdit
Jennings is a regular on KNBR radio, due to his lively personality and intelligently comedic commentary. Jennings has also appeared on the Point After with Mark Ibanez doing post-game commentary on KTVU.
He also has a very peculiar diet, eschewing poultry and pork, largely subsisting on a strict whole grain and beef diet.
- "ESPN.com: NFL - Niners make quick decision to retain Jennings". a.espncdn.com. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- "Fantasy Football News: Breaking Fantasy Football News: The Huddle". www.kffl.com. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- "Amendment M Client Jennings 141 Launches Site - Amendment M: Amending Your Marketing to 2014". Amendment M: Amending Your Marketing to 2014. June 16, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 11, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Long snapper Jennings selected to Pro Bowl - 49ers Hot Read". 49ers Hot Read. January 23, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- "Super Bowl XLVII - San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens - February 3rd, 2013". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- Durkin, Jimmy (August 31, 2013). "San Francisco 49ers release longtime long-snapper Brian Jennings". The Mercury News. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- "NFL Kickoff: Eating With The San Francisco 49ers! - Food Republic". Food Republic. September 4, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2018.