Brett Prebble (born 23 September 1977 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia) is a leading Australian jockey, currently based in Melbourne, Victoria. Having ridden over 1200 career winners, Prebble’s most famous win came aboard Green Moon in the 2012 Emirates Melbourne Cup.
|Born||23 September 1977|
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Major racing wins|
|All winning race horses ridden on:|
Cape of Good Hope (2005)
Bullish Luck (2006)
Sacred Kingdom (2009)
Lucky Nine (2012)
Green Moon (2012)
Prebble was born in Melbourne on 23 September 1977. He now has a family of four with a wife and two children. He is the brother in law of both Melbourne Cup winners, Michelle Payne who won the Cup in 2015 and Kerrin McEvoy who won the Cup in 2000, 2016 and 2018.
Career as a jockeyEdit
He was a former champion apprentice in Melbourne before he moved to Hong Kong in 2002. His competition with Douglas Whyte for the 2009–10 Hong Kong Jockeys' Championship was one of the closest in Hong Kong racing history, with Whyte winning 100–99. His winning tally of 78 in the 2010–11 season brings his overall total in Hong Kong to 525. On 6 November 2012 Brett Prebble won Australia's most famous race, the Melbourne Cup, on the horse Green Moon, trained by Robert Hickmott. In the 2012 Melbourne Cup, Prebble was selected to ride Green Moon, owned by Lloyd Williams and trained by Robert Hickmott. He replaced Damien Oliver, who was dropped from the ride after being accused of betting illegally. Green Moon went on to win the race by one length.
- Melbourne Cup - (1) - Green Moon (2012)
- The Age Classic - (1) - Cape of Good Hope (2005)
- Golden Slipper Stakes - (1) - Crystal Lily (2010)
- Hong Kong Sprint - (3) - Absolute Champion (2006), Sacred Kingdom (2009), Lucky Nine (2011)
- Champions Mile - (3) - Bullish Luck (2007), Sight Winner (2009), Contentment (2017)
- Hong Kong Derby - (1) - Vital King(2007)
- Hong Kong Classic Mile - (1) - Lucky Nine (2011)
- Centenary Sprint Cup - (3) - Absolute Champion (2008), Sacred Kingdom (2010,2011)
- Chairman's Sprint Prize - (4) - Absolute Champion (2007), Sacred Kingdom (2010), Lucky Nine (2013,2014)
- Champions & Chater Cup - (1) - Precision (2003)
- Queen's Silver Jubilee Cup - (1) - Lucky Nine(2012), Contentment (2016)
||No. of Wins
||No. of 2nds
||No. of 3rds
||No. of 4ths
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club – Profile of Brett Prebble
- Aitken, Alan (2012). Melbourne Cup rides for Prebble and Doleuze – South China Morning Post. Published 2 November 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Officials call for stand-down powers". 3 News NZ. 6 November 2012. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Green Moon Bags 2012 Melbourne Cup; 4th Win for Owner Lloyd Williams Archived 14 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine – International Business Times. Published 6 November 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.