|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
White's work as an editor on the films directed by Apatow and McKay is unusual because of the importance of the actors' improvisations. Eric Melin's review of the film Talladega Nights (2006) focuses on this aspect of White's editing,
the MVP of the movie is most definitely editor Brent White. Just as he did with 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, White had to choose the best scenes from hours and hours of wildly different takes to fashion together something with a narrative arc that resembles a movie. It can't be easy work, but he had a little more story to work with than he did in the uneven Anchorman. Minor continuity errors be damned, Talladega Nights is one funny film.
The editing of Knocked Up (2007) was described in a feature article by Stephen Rodrick in The New York Times. Rodrick emphasizes the many different versions of the film that were created before deciding on the version that was released, "By the end of last month, when the final edit was done, I had seen five or six versions of Knocked Up. While the arc of the film remained the same, seemingly every line had been traded in and out".
White received his bachelor's degree in film production from the BYU College of Fine Arts and Communications (Brigham Young University) in 1983. White is married and has four children. He lives in the Los Angeles area.
- Last Christmas (2019)
- A Simple Favor (2018)
- Ghostbusters (2016)
- Spy (2015)
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)
- The Heat (2013)
- This is 40 (2012)
- Arthur (2011)
- The Other Guys (2010)
- Funny People (2009)
- Step Brothers (2008)
- Knocked Up (2007)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)
- Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004)
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- The Slaughter Rule (2002)
- Panic (2000)
- Wildflowers (1999)
- Matilda (1996)
- Teenage Bonnie and Klepto Clyde (1993)
- Weiner, Jonah (April 15, 2015). "The Man Who Makes the World's Funniest People Even Funnier". The New York Times.
- Melin, Eric (2006). "Editing and improvisation keep "Talladega Nights" on track". scene-stealers.com website. Archived from the original on 2009-04-09.
- Rodrick, Stephen (2007). "Judd Apatow's Family Values", The New York Times May 27, 2007; online version retrieved July 9, 2008.
- "Alumni Updates: Class of 1980-89". Brigham Young University, College of Fine Arts and Communications. August 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09.
- Weiner, Jonah (April 15, 2015). "The Man Who Makes the World's Funniest People Even Funnier". The New York Times. Feature story about White.
|This article about an American film editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|