Brendon Rodney (born 9 April 1992) is a Canadian sprinter. As a member of the Canadian men's relay team, he won bronze medals in the 4 × 100 metres relay at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and the same event at the 2015 World Championships in Athletics in Beijing, China. He also competed as an individual runner at both events.
Rodney at the 2016 Olympics
|Born||9 April 1992|
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
|Education||Long Island University|
|Height||195 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Event(s)||sprints, 200 metres, 100 metres,|
|College team||LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds|
|Coached by||Simon Hodnett (club)|
Glenroy Gilbert (national)
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||100 m: 10.28 (2015)|
200 m: 19.96 (2016)
Rodney competed for Canada at the 2013 Summer Universiade. The following year he competed for Canada at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. He then competed for Canada at the 2015 Pan American Games. On his way to competing for Canada at the 2016 Summer Olympics, Rodney became just the second Canadian man to run the 200 m in under 20 seconds when he ran a 19.96 at the national trials in Edmonton, beating favourite Andre De Grasse. The win came just weeks after his mother almost died of a brain aneurysm.
In July 2016, he was named to Canada's Olympic team. In addition to winning a bronze medal with the Canadian relay team, he competed in the men's 200 metres event, placing third in the seventh of the preliminary heats.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brendon Rodney.|
- "Brendon Rodney". olympic.ca. Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- Brendon Rodney Archived 26 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine. rio2016.com
- Brendon Rodney Archived 20 September 2016 at the Wayback Machine. nbcolympics.com
- Brendon Rodney at IAAF
- Heats results. iaaf.org
- "Brendon Rodney upsets Andre De Grasse in 200m". CBC Sports. 10 July 2016.
- Hossain, Asif (11 July 2016). "Athletics Canada nominates largest squad to Team Canada for Rio". Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "IAAF: 4x100 Metres Relay Result - IAAF World Championships London 2017 - iaaf.org". iaaf.org. Retrieved 24 August 2017.