Brendan Connell (born 1970) is an American author and translator. Though his work often falls into the horror and fantasy genres, it has also often been called unclassifiable and avant-garde. His style has been compared to that of J.K. Huysmans and Angela Carter. Some of his shorter fiction, such as that contained in his collection Metrophilias, has been referred to as prose poetry.
- The Translation of Father Torturo, Prime Books, 2005
- The Architect, PS Publishing, 2012
- Miss Homicide Plays the Flute, Eibonvale Press, 2013
- The Cutest Girl in Class, Snuggly Books, 2013
- The Galaxy Club, Chomu Press, 2014
- Cannibals of West Papua, Zagava, 2015
- Clark, Snuggly Books, 2016
- The Heel, Snuggly Books, 2017
- Metrophilias, Better Non Sequitur, 2010
- Unpleasant Tales, Eibonvale Press, 2010
- The Life of Polycrates and Other Stories for Antiquated Children, Chomu Press, 2011
- Lives of Notorious Cooks, Chomu Press, 2012
- The Metanatural Adventures of Dr. Black, PS Publishing, 2014
- Jottings from a Far Away Place, Snuggly Books, 2015
- Pleasant Tales, Eibonvale Press, 2017
- Requiems and Nightmares, by Guido Gozzano, Hieroglyphic Press, 2012 (translated together with Anna Fonti Connell)
- "THE LIFE OF POLYCRATES by Brendan Connell--Fright.com review". www.fright.com.
- "MISS HOMICIDE PLAYS THE FLUTE by BRENDAN CONNELL--Fright.com review". www.fright.com.
- Metrophilias, introduction by Daniel Corrick
- "Jeff VanderMeer interviewed - infinity plus non-fiction". www.infinityplus.co.uk.
- "Fiction Book Review: Metrophilias by Brendan Connell. Snuggly, $12.50 ISBN 978-1-943813-07-0".
- "An interview with Brendan Connell". www.risingshadow.net.