Bravo, My Life
Bravo, My Life (Korean: 사랑해... 말순씨; RR: Saranghae, Malsoonssi; lit. "I Love You, Mal-soon"), also known as Mommy, Dearest, is a 2005 South Korean film directed by Park Heung-sik about an adolescent boy who starts to come of age in the late 70s and early 80s, largely oblivious to the dramatic political events occurring around him. The film sold 406,526 tickets nationwide.
|Bravo, My Life|
|Revised Romanization||Saranghae, Malsoonssi|
|Directed by||Park Heung-sik|
|Produced by||Bae Yong-guk|
|Written by||Park Heung-sik |
|Music by||Jo Seong-woo|
|Edited by||Oh Myeong-jun|
Bravo, My Life! opens in October 1979 with the news of President Park Chung-hee's assassination. But for 14-year-old Gwang-ho, it is more importantly his first day at junior high, where the kids are interested in football and brawling. Gwang-ho's mother, Mal-soon, whose husband is working in Saudi Arabia, devotes everything to her children. Despite a nagging illness, Mal-soon wears heavy make-up as she sells cosmetics door-to-door. Meanwhile, as his sexual awareness increases, Gwang-ho turns his attention and affection to their pretty neighbor Eun-sook, an assistant nurse who is the complete opposite of Gwang-ho's mother. One day, Gwang-ho receives a "good-luck letter." The letter states that unless he immediately writes and sends the same letter to someone else, he will be faced with bad luck. He starts sending it to people around him, but as those people start vanishing, Gwang-ho is racked with guilt, suspecting the letter of luck is the cause of their disappearance.
- "Saranghae malsoonssi (Mommy, Dearest)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Koh, Mi-seok (3 November 2005). "I Love You, Malsoon Brings 7080 Generation to Life". The Dong-a Ilbo. Retrieved 23 December 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Commercial Releases in 2005: Box-Office Results". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Bravo, My Life at the Korean Movie Database
- Bravo, My Life at IMDb
- Bravo, My Life at HanCinema