Brave New World (1980 film)
Brave New World is an American television film first shown in 1980. It was also shown on the BBC that same year. An adaptation of the novel with the same name by Aldous Huxley, it was directed by Burt Brinckerhoff for Universal Television and first shown on NBC on 7 March 1980. The screen adaptation was written by Doran William Cannon. The filming location was entirely in Universal City, California.
|Brave New World|
Robert E. Thompson
Doran William Cannon
|Directed by||Burt Brinckerhoff|
|Theme music composer||Paul Chihara|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Milton Sperling|
Norman Chandler Fox (associate producer)
|Cinematography||Harry L. Wolf|
|Editor(s)||James T. Heckert|
|Running time||180 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Television|
|Original release||March 7, 1980|
- Kristoffer Tabori as John the Savage
- Bud Cort as Bernard Marx
- Keir Dullea as Thomas Grahmbell
- Julie Cobb as Linda Lysenko
- Ron O'Neal as Mustapha Mond
- Marcia Strassman as Lenina Disney (Crowne)
- Dick Anthony Williams as Helmholtz Watson
- Jonelle Allen as Fanny Crowne
- Jeanetta Arnette as Dwightina
- Casey Biggs as Beta lighthouse guard
- Reb Brown as Henry
- Tara Buckman as Alpha Teacher
- Nigel Bullard as Plant Manager
- Shane Butterworth
- Lee Chamberlin as Head Nurse
- Beatrice Colen as Gamma Female
- Patrick Cronin as Gamma Male
- Valerie Curtin as Chief Warden Stelina Shell
- Murray Salem as Chief Engineer
- Marneen Fields as Futuristic Factory Worker
- Aron Kincaid as J. Edgar Millhouse
- Carole Mallory as Miss Trotsky
- Tricia O'Neil as Maoina Krupps
- Victoria Racimo as Beta Teacher
- Delia Salvi as High Priestess
- Delos V. Smith Jr.
- "Plot, Details & Awards of Brave New World". Moviefone. Archived from the original on 6 May 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Huxley, Aldous (2006) . Brave New World (Reprint ed.). New York City: Harper Perennial (Orig-pub: Chatto & Windus). ISBN 978-0060850524. OCLC 20156268.
- "Brave New World". Turner Classic Movies. United States: Turner Broadcasting System. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Plot Summary for Brave New World (1980) (TV)". IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Brave New World:Synopsis". MSN. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Pearce, David (1998). "Brave New World (1980) (TV)". BLTC Research. Retrieved 7 August 2013.