The Brandt Centre (formerly the Regina Agridome) is an indoor arena in Regina, Saskatchewan, located on the city's exhibition grounds Evraz Place. Built in 1977, it is the home arena for the WHL's Regina Pats. It is owned by the city of Regina and operated by the Regina Exhibition Association Ltd. (REAL).
|Former names||Regina Agridome (1977-2005)|
|Location||1700 Elphinstone Street|
|Owner||City of Regina|
|Operator||Regina Exhibition Association Ltd.|
|Capacity||6,484 for hockey games|
7,129 for concerts
|Opened||October 2, 1977|
|Construction cost||C$7.7 million|
($30.6 million in 2018 dollars)
|General contractor||Warren Cochrane|
|Regina Pats (WHL) (1977–present)|
Regina Rage (LFL Canada) (2012)
The venue has hosted various sporting events, including curling and hockey events, as well as concerts and other events. Beginning in 2012, it was home to the Regina Rage of the Legends Football League's Canadian division.
Opened in 1977 as the Agridome, it was renamed Brandt Centre after the city sold naming rights to Regina-based farm equipment manufacturer Brandt Group.
In January 2015, the arena introduced a new scoreboard with ten video displays. Costing over $3 million, it is the largest suspended scoreboard in the province. In 2017, the Brandt Centre hosted Skate Canada International, and the following year, it hosted the 2018 Memorial Cup. The arena underwent renovations in preparation for Memorial Cup, including improvements to its boards, dressing rooms, and lighting. The city contributed $1 million in funding towards these upgrades.
- Canadian inflation numbers based on Statistics Canada tables 18-10-0005-01 (formerly CANSIM 326-0021) "Consumer Price Index, annual average, not seasonally adjusted". Statistics Canada. January 18, 2019. Retrieved March 6, 2019. and 18-10-0004-13 "Consumer Price Index by product group, monthly, percentage change, not seasonally adjusted, Canada, provinces, Whitehorse, Yellowknife and Iqaluit". Statistics Canada. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- Eisler, Dale (November 14, 1974). "Plans Revealed for New Facility". Leader-Post. Regina. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- 1977-1978 Season Western Canada Hockey
- "LFL Canada Releases Regina Rage Team Logo". Lingerie Football League. March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Regina Pats set to unveil new state-of-the-art score clock". Global News. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "Chan plans to enjoy his last ride toward Olympics". Regina Leader-Post. 2017-10-27. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "CHL unveils logo for 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "$1M approved for Brandt Centre upgrades ahead of Memorial Cup". CBC News. Retrieved 2017-10-27.