Brandon Thompson (American football)
Brandon Thompson (born October 19, 1989) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Clemson and was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Thompson with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2015
|Born:||October 19, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Thomasville (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 93|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Thompson was originally redshirted as a freshman in 2008, but had the redshirt taken off after an injury to Jamie Cumbie. He played in the team's final 12 games and recorded 15 tackles and a sack. As a sophomore in 2009, he started all 13 games and had 27 tackles. As a junior in 2010, he had 41 tackles and a sack.
Thompson was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round, 93rd overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft. In 2013, he played in all 16 regular-season games, starting the last seven games, which included the Wild Card playoff game, where he replaced the injured Geno Atkins.
On March 25, 2016, Thompson signed a one-year contract with the Bengals that will keep him through the 2016 season. He was placed on the Reserve/PUP list to start the season after he suffered a torn ACL in Week 17 of the 2015 season. Since he spent the entire season on reserve, his contract tolled, keeping him under contract for the 2017 season.
On August 20, 2017, Thompson was released by the Bengals.
- Brandon Thompson – Yahoo Sports
- "Bengals Re-Sign DT Brandon Thompson". www.bengals.com. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Marcum, Jason (August 30, 2016). "Bengals Cuts 2016: Andrew Billings placed on I.R.; Brandon Thompson goes to PUP". CincyJungle.com. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Marcum, Jason (August 20, 2017). "Bengals cut Brandon Thompson, waive Stanley Williams and Karel Hamilton". CincyJungle.com.
- "Browns sign DL Brandon Thompson, release DL Desmond Bryant". ClevelandBrowns.com. August 22, 2017. Archived from the original on September 26, 2017. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Browns reduce roster to 65". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 1, 2017. Archived from the original on March 13, 2018.