Bramalea GO Station
Bramalea GO Station is a GO Transit railway and bus station along the Kitchener line in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 1713 Steeles Avenue East, near the community of Bramalea at Steeles Ave. East and Bramalea Road.
|Location||1713 Steeles Avenue|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: 00054|
|Passengers (2018)||3300 (daily avg.) 1.1% (GO Transit)|
|Rank||8th in system, 2nd on Kitchener line|
Like many other stations on the GO Train network, Bramalea is equipped with parking facilities, elevators for wheelchair access, a station building housing a waiting room and ticket sales, a Ticket Vending Machine, and a bus loop.
In addition to the train service during the weekdays, it also features some train-bus services to/from Union Station and a frequent Highway 407 bus serving Highway 407 Bus Terminal, Square One, Sheridan College (Trafalgar Campus) Oakville, McMaster University, and Hamilton.
Bramalea was previously the western terminus of all-day weekday train service to/from Union Station on the Georgetown line. Midday service was suspended to facilitate construction on the line.
Since midday train service on the Georgetown corridor was first launched in May 2002, GO Transit has hired various contractors to improve the station. First, the station was made wheelchair-accessible by building an additional pedestrian tunnel and a pair of elevators, completed in January 2003. In August of that year, construction began of a new rail platform which was required in order to provide for all-day train service for the station, as the station is located on a busy railway corridor used by Canadian National Railways freight trains bypassing Toronto.
To accommodate future increases in ridership, a new 650-space parking lot was opened in June 2005 on the south side of the tracks. GO Transit had also constructed a bus garage at the north-east corner by Steeles Avenue and Bramalea Road. The garage was subsequently removed and replaced with much-needed additional parking spaces in November 2011. A platform extension to allow 12-car trains was completed in early 2017.
- Bus bay assignments
- 5 – Drop Off area
- 6 – GO Transit Route: 36-B Eastbound
- 6 – GO Transit Route: 31N Westbound
- 7 – GO Transit Route: 31-E,H,L Eastbound
- 7 – GO Transit Route: 31-E,H Westbound
- 8 – GO Transit Routes: 46, 47-A,F Westbound
- 9 – GO Transit Routes: 25F, 46, 47-D,F, 48-B.F Eastbound
- 10 – GO Transit Route: 32-A,B Eastbound
- 10 – GO Transit Route: 32-B Westbound
- 11 – GO Transit Routes: 30, 36-B Westbound
- 12 – Brampton Transit Route: 15 Bramalea Southbound
- 13 – Brampton Transit Routes: 40 Central Industrial, 92 Bramalea GO Shuttle
- 14 – Brampton Transit Routes: 13 Avondale, 16 Southgate
- 15 – Brampton Transit Route: 15/15A Bramalea Northbound
- 16 – GO Transit Routes: 25F, 48-B,F Westbound
- "Detailed ridership map released for GO and UP Express stations". Metrolinx. 30 January 2019.
- "Modernizing Stations – Bramalea GO Station". GO Transit. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015.
Media related to Bramalea GO Station at Wikimedia Commons