Braga Cathedral Treasure
The treasure contains a wealth of precious items:
- Clothing from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries, either Portuguese or Oriental.
- Sumptuous objects used in religious services.
- A Hispano-Arab casket of the 10th century in Ivory.
- An Iron Cross before which Frei Henrique de Coimbra celebrated the first Mass in Brazil after the arrival of Pedro Álvares Cabral.
- Numerous objects of gold, silver and precious stones used for services, like crosses, chalices among others.
The two Organs in the Cathedral are part of the museum visit.
In the museum there is a collection of different works of sculpture from different periods in different material from the 14th to the 18th centuries. Images of Christ, Virgin Mary and numerous Saints.
In the collection are numerous azulejos including some Hispano-Arab Tiles.
The museum comprises 200 bells made in different times by the well known local bell industry.