This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Braceface is a Canadian-American-Chinese animated television series that aired on Teletoon in Canada from June 2, 2001 to September 1, 2004, and Fox Family Channel in the United States. The series was produced by Nelvana and Jade Animation, with American actress Alicia Silverstone (who also voiced the title character for the first two seasons) serving as executive producer.
Series title card featuring protagonist Sharon Spitz
|Created by||Melissa Clark|
|Theme music composer||Pure West|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Alicia Silverstone|
|Running time||22 minutes|
Fox Family Channel
|Original release||June 2, 2001 –|
September 1, 2004
The show, set in Elkford, British Columbia, recounts the travails of Sharon Spitz, who is a junior high school student with braces that get in the way of leading a normal teenage life. Her braces are somehow electrically charged at all times, giving her strange abilities such as remotely operating machinery, tapping into wireless communication channels, and even discharging electricity directly into what's in front of her, though much of these abilities are often outside her control. In the first season, she is enrolled at Mary Pickford Junior High but later the show progresses into Sharon going into high school.
- Alicia Silverstone (seasons 1–2) and Stacey DePass (season 3) as Sharon Spitz
- Dan Petronijevic as Adam Spitz
- Michael Cera as Josh Spitz
- Tamara Bernier Evans as Helen Spitz
- Marnie McPhail as Maria Wong
- Peter Oldring as Conner Mackenzie
- Vince Corazza as Alden Jones
- Katie Griffin as Nina Harper the mean girl in her high school
- Daniel DeSanto as Brock Leighton
- Emily Hampshire as Alyson Malitski
- Elisa Moolecherry as Hannah Corbett
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||June 2, 2001||February 24, 2002|
|2||26||September 27, 2002||April 11, 2003|
|3||26||November 5, 2003||September 1, 2004|
The series originally aired on Teletoon and Fox Family Channel, with reruns on ABC Family and Disney Channel in the United States. Internationally, the series aired on Fox Kids UK and Pop Girl in the United Kingdom. It also aired on Nickelodeon in Israel. In India the series aired on Star One.
Some of these DVDs were released by FUNimation.
- Volume 1: Brace Yourself
- Volume 2: Getting Real
- Volume 3: Twist of Fate
- Turning 13
- Volume 4: Miss Popular
- Miss Popular, Brace Yourself, Getting Real, Twist of Fate (4 pack DVDs)
- "CANOE - JAM! - Katie gets animated". Jam.canoe.ca. 2001-06-26.
- "Mediacaster Magazine - Broadband & Content - TELETOON's September Sizzles with New Series and a Finale". web.archive.org. 16 October 2013.
- "STAR - Programme Guide". web.archive.org. 24 November 2005.