Bow Church DLR station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bow Church is a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station in Bow, London, England. It is between Devons Road and Pudding Mill Lane stations. It is interlinked by an out of station interchange (OSI) within 300 m (980 ft) walking distance via Bow Road with Bow Road station on London Underground's District and Hammersmith and City lines. The two Bow stations are classed as a single station for ticketing purposes as well as on tube maps but both managed separately. Opened with the original system on 31 August 1987, the station takes its name from the nearby 14th century Bow Church, which is a Church of England church.
Bow Church station with a train towards Canary Wharf arriving on platform 2.
|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Owner||Transport for London|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Bow Road |
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|London transport portal|
There is a crossover south of the station which allows trains from Stratford and Poplar to reverse here. One example of this is when the new platforms at Stratford were being constructed - trains were suspended between Bow Church and Stratford and trains from Poplar terminated here. The station is accessible via lifts to both platforms and it has ticket machines and oyster pads.
Five London Buses routes serve this station: 25, 108, 205, 425, N205. Additionally 25 and 108 have a 24-hour service. Also routes 8, 276, 488 and the D prefix route D8 (towards Poplar only) serve the station indirectly by Bow Church.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. May 2020. Archived (PDF) from the original on 7 August 2020.
- "Out-of-Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bow Church DLR station.|
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||