Bovera is a village in Catalonia in Spain. The village is in the comarca (county) of les Garrigues in the region of Lleida. Bovera is close to the town of Flix. The usually dry River Cana valley leads to the Ebre river at Flix.
St. Joseph's church in Bovera
|• Mayor||Òscar R. Acero Giralt (2015)|
|• Total||31.1 km2 (12.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||297 m (974 ft)|
|• Density||8.3/km2 (21/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Boverí / Boverina|
In early November 2015 there was unusual rain that caused local flooding that was reported as particularly severe compared with other areas. Damage to 20 or 30% of crops such as olives over more than 1000 hectares was estimated.
The population of Bovera in 2014 was 290.
- "Ajuntament de Bovera". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "El municipi en xifres: Bovera". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.
- Temporal daña cereales y olivos en Lleida y mejora calibres cítricos y mangos, La Vanguardia, 4 November 2015, Retrieved 9 November 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bovera.|
- Government data pages (in Catalan)