Bound for Glory (2015)
Bound for Glory (2015) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). It took place on October 4, 2015 at the Cabarrus Arena in Concord, North Carolina. It was the eleventh event in the Bound for Glory chronology and the second and last pay-per-view event of 2015.
|Bound for Glory (2015)|
Promotional poster featuring various TNA wrestlers
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||October 4, 2015|
|City||Concord, North Carolina|
|Bound for Glory chronology|
Eight matches, one of which was a dark match, took place at the event. In the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Matt Hardy defeated defending champion Ethan Carter III and Drew Galloway in his home state by pinning Galloway. His brother, Jeff, served as the guest referee.
Bound for Glory featured professional wrestling matches involving different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches.
In mid–2007 when TNA officials decided to create a women's division in the company, Gail Kim went on to become the first ever TNA Women's Knockout Champion at Bound for Glory (2007). Ever since she won the title, Kim entered a feud with Awesome Kong, which led to a few matches between the two that ended with Kong winning the title and Kim leaving TNA. After leaving TNA as well, Kong returned in 2015 and slowly reconciled her feud with Kim. On the September 16 episode of Impact Wrestling, Kim defeated Kong, Brooke and Lei'D Tapa in a fatal–four way match to win the TNA Women's Knockout Championship for the fifth time. On the next day, it was announced on Facebook by TNA that Kim would defend the championship against Kong at the event.
On the September 23 episode of Impact Wrestling, after winning a five-way elimination match against Bram, Lashley, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards; Drew Galloway became the number one contender for Ethan Carter III's TNA World Heavyweight Championship. TNA president — Dixie Carter announced that the following week she would announce a special guest referee for that title match. On the September 30 episode of Impact Wrestling, Carter announced that if Galloway and Matt Hardy defeat Ethan Carter III and Tyrus in the main event, Hardy would enter the title match. Hardy and Galloway won, making the main event a triple–threat match. Afterwards, Dixie Carter announced that Jeff Hardy would serve as the special guest referee for that match.
Another match scheduled for the event was a tag team match between The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) against Brian Myers and Trevor Lee for the TNA World Tag Team Championship. The Wolves won the vacant title back on the July 1 episode of Impact Wrestling, after defeating Austin Aries and Bobby Roode in a 30-minute Iron Man match. They lost the championship to Myers and Lee on September 2 and regained the title on the September 9 episode of Impact Wrestling. This was serving as a rematch clause for Myers and Lee.
|Other on-screen talent|
|Ring announcer||Jeremy Borash|
After losing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship to Ethan Carter III, Kurt Angle underwent a surgery and was out of action up to two months. Angle later announced that he would compete at the event in his final match for TNA against Eric Young, after which he would take a sabbatical from wrestling and wouldn't re–sign his contract with TNA.
On September 28, a Gauntlet for the Gold match, titled "Bound for Gold", between Abyss, Aiden O'Shea, Chris Melendez, Eli Drake, Jessie Godderz, Mahabali Shera, Mr. Anderson, Robbie E and Tyrus was announced on ImpactWrestling.com, where the winner would receive a future match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
On the September 30 episode of Impact Wrestling, Bobby Roode issued an open challenge for his TNA King of the Mountain Championship, which Lashley would accept. The match between the two was scheduled for the event.
On October 7, 2015, it was announced that a tournament that was taped back in July 22, 2015 – July 25, 2015 would take place, after TNA World Heavyweight Champion Matt Hardy vacated the title a day prior due to a legal injunction filed by former champion Ethan Carter III. The World Title Series places 32 wrestlers into 8 groups of 4, with the first round being under a round-robin format which was called Group Play. Also, for the first time ever, the Knockouts would have a chance to compete for the World Heavyweight Championship.
Each winner in the round-robin matches is awarded 3 points, and a draw is worth 1 point for each, with each match having a 15-minute time limit. The two members of each group with the most points will advance to the final 16, where at that point the tournament switches to a single elimination format.
The winner of the tournament will become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
|1D||Shawn Shultz defeated John Skyler||Singles match||N/A|
|2||Tigre Uno (c) defeated Andrew Everett, DJZ and Manik||Ultimate X match for the TNA X Division Championship||10:02|
|3||Tyrus won by last eliminating Mr. Anderson||12-man Bound for Gold Gauntlet match; where the winner could choose any championship match of their choice||24:30|
|4||The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) (c) defeated Brian Myers and Trevor Lee||Tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship||11:23|
|5||Bobby Roode (c) defeated Lashley||Singles match for the TNA King Of The Mountain Championship||14:17|
|6||Gail Kim (c) defeated Awesome Kong||Singles match for the TNA Knockouts Championship||10:05|
|7||Kurt Angle defeated Eric Young by submission||Career Threatening match||13:10|
|8||Matt Hardy defeated Ethan Carter III (c) and Drew Galloway||Three-way match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship with Jeff Hardy as special guest referee||20:04|
Bound for Gold Gauntlet entrances and eliminationsEdit
|1||Mr. Anderson||11||Pinned by Tyrus||24:30|
- Namako, James (2015-10-08). "TNA attendance (10/2-10/4, Bound for Glory, live events)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "October 4: TNA Bound For Glory". Archived from the original on 2015-07-25.
- "Anthem, Impact announce Global Wrestling Network launch". Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Sokol, Chris (2007-10-15). "Angle gets stung at Bound For Glory". SLAM! Sports: Wrestling. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Sokol, Chris (2007-12-03). "Chaos rules at Turning Point". SLAM! Sports: Wrestling. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Xamin, Mark (2008-01-06). "Styles sides with Angle costing Cage at Final Resolution". SLAM! Sports: Wrestling. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Caldwell, James (2008-01-10). "Caldwell's TNA Impact report 1/10: Ongoing coverage of Spike TV show". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Waldman, Jon (2008-08-28). "It's official - Gail Kim gone from TNA". SLAM! Sports: Wrestling. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Josh Boutwell (January 7, 2015). "TNA Impact Wrestling Results - 1/7/15 (Lashley-Roode III)". WrestleView. Retrieved January 8, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (September 16, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/16: Team TNA vs. Team GFW for control of TNA, new Knockouts champion, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (September 23, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/23: ECIII defends TNA Title, #1 contender match, Hardy "quits" servanthood, two more title matches, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (September 30, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/30: Final hype for Bound for Glory, Ciampa also wrestles on Impact, Dollhouse vs. BP, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (July 1, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 7/1: Angle vs. Carter 20 minutes for TNA Title, Wolves vs. Aries & Roode 30 minutes for vacant TNA Tag Titles, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (September 2, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/2: ECIII vs. Matt Hardy for TNA World Title, two title changes, Lashley vs. Masters, Bram wrestles on pre-taped show, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- McMahon, Mike (September 9, 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/9: TNA vs. GFW feud continues, Tag Titles change hands second week in a row, Jeff Hardy introduced as ECIII's assistant, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- Johnson, Mike (July 16, 2015). "MORE ON KURT ANGLE SURGERY". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- Johnson, Mike (September 29, 2015). "KURT ANGLE'S OPPONENT AT TNA BOUND FOR GLORY WILL BE..." Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 29, 2015.
- "Bound For Gold at Bound For Glory". Impact Wrestling. September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "TNA World Title Series participants announced". Archived from the original on 2015-10-14.
- World title Series - Impact Wrestling.com