Bosnia and Herzegovina at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Bosnia and Herzegovina at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Olympic Committee of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Competitors||6 in 4 sports|
Amel Mekić (opening) |
Kemal Mešić (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|Yugoslavia (1920–1992 W)|
Olympic Committee of Bosnia and Herzegovina (OKBIH) sent a total of 6 athletes to the Games, 4 men and 2 women, to compete only in athletics, judo, shooting, and swimming. Bosnian athletes included Kenyan-born marathon runner Lucija Kimani, and rifle shooter Nedžad Fazlija, who participated at his fifth Olympic games without winning an Olympic medal. Heavyweight judoka Amel Mekić became the nation's flag bearer for the second time at the opening ceremony. Bosnia and Herzegovina, however, has yet to win its first Olympic medal as an independent nation.
Bosnian and Herzegovinian athletes have so far achieved qualifying standards in the following athletics events (up to a maximum of 3 athletes in each event at the 'A' Standard, and 1 at the 'B' Standard):
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Kemal Mešić||Shot put||19.60||24||Did not advance|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Amel Mekić||Men's −100 kg|| Hwang H-t (KOR)
|Did not advance|
|Nedžad Fazlija||10 m air rifle||585||44||Did not advance|
|50 m rifle 3 positions||1149||38||Did not advance|
|50 m rifle prone||587||45||Did not advance|
Bosnian and Herzegovinian swimmers have so far achieved qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the Olympic Qualifying Time (OQT), and 1 at the Olympic Selection Time (OST)):
|Ensar Hajder||200 m individual medley||2:05.70||36||Did not advance|
|Ivana Ninković||100 m breaststroke||1:14.04||41||Did not advance|
- Staff (26 July 2012). "Nović na otvaranju Olimpijade" [Nović at the opening of the Olympics]. Nezavisne Novine (in Serbian). Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS (PDF), IAAF, archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2012, retrieved 4 June 2011
- "Swimming World Rankings". FINA. Archived from the original on 6 January 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- FÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DE NATATION – Swimming (PDF), FINA, archived from the original (PDF) on 26 July 2011, retrieved 8 June 2011