Borislav Drljača (Serbian Cyrillic: Борислав Дрљача; 29 August 1941 – 11 October 2020), better known as Boro Drljača, was a Serbian folk singer from Bosanska Krajina. Recognized as one of the most eminent Yugoslavian folk singers, he received the Life Achievement Award for his work. Drljača recorded over four hundred songs including "Stari vuk" (Old Wolf), "Ne namiguj na me tuđa ženo" (Don't Wink at Me, Someone Else's Wife), and "Plači, mala, plači" (Cry, Baby, Cry). He also performed for Serbian diaspora across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.
Drljača at Stuttgart Airport in May 2014
|Birth name||Borislav Drljača|
|Also known as||Boro[a]|
|Born||29 August 1941|
Donja Suvaja, Independent State of Croatia
|Died||11 October 2020 (aged 79)|
|Associated acts||Baja Mali Knindža|
In addition to his music career, Drljača also appeared on reality shows Veliki Brat VIP 4 (2010) and Parovi 4 (2015). Furthermore, he was a subject of numerous popular internet memes on social media.
Borislav Drljača was born on 29 August 1941 in the village of Donja Suvaja, former Kingdom of Yugoslavia into a Serb family during World War II. When he was two years old his mother was killed by Ustaše and his father later remarried after the war. Drljača eventually relocated to Belgrade to study agronomy at the University.
He was married twice and had two sons from his first marriage. His first wife, Verica Drljača, committed suicide in 2007. Drljača met his second wife, Radomirka Sladić, at his concert. The couple didn't have children and Sladić died from cancer in 2018.
- 1973 – Sarajevo divno mesto (Sarajevo Lovely Place)
- 1974 – Za ljubav tvoju (For Your Love)
- 1975 – Ti si sve što želim (You Are All I Want)
- 1976 – Krajišnici gdje ćemo na prelo (Krajišniks Where Do We Go for Some Fun)
- 1978 – Pjevaj mi, pjevaj sokole (Sing to Me, Falcon)
- 1980 – Bora i Gordana Runjajić (Bora and Gordana Runjajić)
- 1981 – Bora Drljača (Bora Drljača)
- 1982 – Jugosloven (The Yugoslav)
- 1984 – Nas dvoje veže ljubav (A Love Binds Two of Us)
- 1985 – Hitovi Jugodisk BDN 0661 (Jugodisk Hits BND 0661)
- 1985 – Čovjek sam iz naroda (I Am a Man of the People)
- 1986 – Pjevaj srce (Sing, Oh Heart of Mine)
- 1988 – Alal vera majstore (Congratulations, Maestro)
- 1990 – Ko te uze zlato moje (Who Took You, My Gold)
- 1990/91 – Krajino, Krajino (Krajina, Oh Krajina)
- 1991 – Ja sam čovek za tebe (I Am the Man for You)
- 1991 – Ne dam Krajine (I Will Not Give Up Krajina)
- 1995 – Nema raja bez rodnoga kraja (There is No Paradise Without Homeland)
- 1996 – Krajišnik sam ja (I Am a Guy from Krajina)
- 1998 – Sine sine (Son, Oh My Son)
- 1999 – Raca II (Raca II)
- 2002 – Car ostaje car (Emperor Remains Emperor)
- 2004 – Bora Drljača uživo (Bora Drljača Live)
- 2004 – Stari vuk (Old Wolf)
- 2007 – Brbljivica (Gossip Girl)
- He is often referred to as Bora.
- KOVAČEVIĆ, Dinka (April 23, 2007). "Bora Drljača traži donaciju za svoje selo". Nezavisne Novine. Retrieved January 2, 2011.
- "Preminuo Boro Drljača". rts.rs (in Serbian). October 11, 2020. Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- "Život mu nije bio lak, tragičnasudbina Bore Drljače". nova.rs (in Serbian). October 11, 2020. Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- "Bora Drljača je tragično izgubio obe supruge". telegraf.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- "Preminuo Boro Drljača". nova.rs (in Serbian). October 11, 2020. Retrieved October 11, 2020.