|Directed by||George Sherman|
|Produced by||Albert J. Cohen|
|Screenplay by||William Sackheim|
|Story by||Louis Stevens|
Yvonne De Carlo
|Edited by||Frank Gross|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
During the US Civil War, Clete Mattson arrives in Zona Libre, a small territory across the river from the USA. Ruled by General Calleja, it offers sanctuary to outlaws. Mattson wants to buy guns for the Confederacy.
- Joel McCrea as Clete Mattson aka Jim Lake
- Yvonne De Carlo as Carmelita Carias
- Pedro Armendáriz as General Calleja
- Alfonso Bedoya as Captain Vargas
- Howard Petrie as Newlund
- Erika Nordin as Annina Strasser
- George J. Lewis as Sánchez
- Nacho Galindo as López
- Ivan Triesault as Baron Von Hollden
- George Wallace as Fletcher
- Lane Chandler as Anderson
- Martin Garralaga as Guzman
- Joe Bassett as Stanton
- Salvador Baguez as General Robles
- Felipe Turich as Pablo
Joel McCrea and Yvonne de Carlo's casting was announced in April 1953. George Sherman was assigned to direct.
- Haines, Richard W. (2003). Technicolor Movies: The History of Dye Transfer Printing. McFarland. p. 45. ISBN 9780786480753.
- By THOMAS M PRYOR Special to The New York Times. (1953, Apr 16). FOX TO MAKE FILM ON PIER ACTIVITIES. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/112829441
- By THOMAS M PRYOR Special to The New York Times. (1953, Jun 01). UNIVERSAL CLEARS DECKS FOR ACTION. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/112809348
- D'Arc, James V. (2010). When Hollywood came to town: a history of moviemaking in Utah (1st ed.). Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. ISBN 9781423605874.