Border Guard Police
The Border Guard Police (abbreviated BGP) are a department of Myanmar's police force specialising in border security. The BGP operate in northern Rakhine State and are especially active along the Bangladesh–Myanmar border, due to the ongoing exodus of Rohingya people fleeing sectarian violence in Myanmar. In addition to border security, the BGP are also responsible for manning checkpoints and documenting the movement of Rohingyas within Rakhine State.
|Border Guard Police|
|Branch||Special Department of the Myanmar Police Force|
|Part of||Myanmar Police Force|
|Brig. Gen. Myint Toe|
- "Maungdaw Border Guard Police Chief Replaced". The Irrawaddy. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Myanmar reinforces barbed wire fence at border | Dhaka Tribune". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "At least 71 killed in Myanmar as Rohingya insurgents stage major attack". Reuters. 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Myanmar: Attacks on police, border guards kill at least 12". Business Insider. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Myanmar keeping Rohingyas 'in dehumanising system of apartheid', Amnesty says". ABC News. 21 November 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Machetes vs machine guns: Rohingya militants outgunned in Myanmar". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.