Bombs on Monte Carlo (1931 film)
Bombs on Monte Carlo (German: Bomben auf Monte Carlo) is a 1931 German musical comedy film directed by Hanns Schwarz and starring Hans Albers, Anna Sten, and Heinz Rühmann. The film is based on the novel Bomben auf Monte Carlo (1930) by Fritz Reck-Malleczewen. It premiered at the Ufa-Palast am Zoo in August 1931.
|Bombs on Monte Carlo|
|Directed by||Hanns Schwarz|
|Produced by||Erich Pommer|
|Music by||Werner R. Heymann|
|Edited by||Willy Zeyn|
The film was produced by the production unit of Erich Pommer. It was shot on location in Nice. The art director Erich Kettelhut designed the film sets. A separate English-language version Monte Carlo Madness and a French version Le capitaine Craddock were also made as part of UFA's strategy to export its films to other countries. In 1960 the film was remade as Bombs on Monte Carlo.
- Hans Albers as Craddock
- Anna Sten as Yola
- Heinz Rühmann as Peter Schmidt
- Ida Wüst as Isabell
- Rachel Devirys as Diane
- Kurt Gerron as Casino Manager / Kasinodirektor
- Karl Etlinger as Consul / Konsul
- Peter Lorre as Pawlitschek
- Otto Wallburg as Minister / Ministerpräsident
- Charles Kullmann as Street Singer / Ein Straßensänger
- Bruno Ziener as Jeweler / Ein Juwelier
- Comedian Harmonists as Sailors
- Walther, Christian (9 October 2019). Ein Freund, ein guter Freund: Robert Gilbert – Lieddichter zwischen Schlager und Weltrevolution. Eine Biographie. ISBN 9783862844593.
- Schulz, Daniela (31 March 2014). Wenn die Musik spielt ...: Der deutsche Schlagerfilm der 1950er bis 1970er Jahre. ISBN 9783839418826.
- Hardt p. 240