for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Shahdara Mannan shilpi|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission reduced the boundaries of the constituency. Previously it had also included two union parishads of Dhunat Upazila: Bhandarbari and Gosainbari.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1973||Mafiz Ali Chowdhury||Awami League|
|1979||Abdul Alim||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|Major Boundary Changes|
|1986||Mohammad Abdul Momin Mandal||Jatiya Party|
|1991||Habibur Rahman||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|2001||Kazi Rafiqul Islam||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|2008||Abdul Mannan||Awami League|
|Jul 2020 by-election||Shahdara Mannan shilpi||Awami League|
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Abdul Mannan||127,000||50.9||+13.0|
|PDP||A. T. M. Shahidullah Taher||687||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||Kazi Rafiqul Islam||120,382||61.1||-2.1|
|Awami League||Abdul Mannan||74,622||37.9||+13.4|
|IJOF||Md. Zillur Rahman||1,127||0.6||N/A|
|Workers Party||Ziaul Haq Zia||519||0.3||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Tabibar Rahman Pramanik||203||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Ferdous Jaman Mukul||136||0.1||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Abdul Mannan||35,889||24.5||+11.7|
|Awami League||Abdul Mannan||17,289||12.8|
|Independent||Md. Taherul Islam||16,224||12.0|
|NAP (Muzaffar)||Hafizar Rahman Mondol||4,034||3.0|
|Independent||A. H. M. Abdul Kaffi||1,761||1.3|
|Bangladesh Janata Party||Moksadur Rahman Khan||1,099||0.8|
|Zaker Party||Moksed Ali||556||0.4|
|JSD (R)||Md. Mukbul Hossain||502||0.4|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||Md. Amzad Hossain||195||0.1|
|BNP gain from JP(E)|
- "Bougra-1". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-14. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Shahdara Mannan wins Bogura-1 by-election". Risingbd.com. Retrieved 2020-07-15.
- Zakaria, Mohammad (14 December 2013). "The number now goes up to 151". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.