Boat Rocker Media
Boat Rocker Media is a Canadian entertainment company, based in Toronto. The company owns Boat Rocker Studios, which incorporates Temple Street Productions. Its majority shareholder is Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Boat Rocker Media is led by co-executive chairs David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg, co-founders of Temple Street, and Boat Rocker Media CEO John Young.
|Industry||Media and entertainment|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, |
|Parent||Fairfax Financial (majority owner)|
Radical Sheep Productions
Jam Filled Entertainment
Insight Production Company
Proper Television Inc.
With the formation of Boat Rocker Media in early 2016, Fairfax Financial placed Temple Street Productions under Boat Rocker Studios. Temple Street Distribution was renamed to Boat Rocker Rights. Boat Rocker Venture division was also created for startup investments and strategy development, and was led by senior VP Michel Pratte. Boat Rocker also purchased a minority interest in Industrial Brothers, an animation company in Toronto. Soon after the reorganization, Boat Rocker opened Boat Rocker Animation. The rationale behind the creation of Boat Rocker Media was that the Temple Street brand seemed too narrow for the expansion and acquisitions planned and the new structure was expected to be easier to understand when pursuing additional capital, possibly but planned through an initial public offering.
Boat Rocker Rights' first outside distribution deal was with the pick-up of international rights to Rotfield Productions' Xploration Station block programs in late February 2016. Then in June 2016, the unit acquired Mountain Road Productions library distribution rights plus a first look deal with the company.
In 2016, Boat Rocker Media purchased Radical Sheep Productions, which continued operating as Boat Rocker's family and children's media unit, In early August 2016, Boat Rocker purchased Jam Filled Entertainment, which was to continuing operating with current management and name. Boat Rocker through Jam Filled purchased Arc Productions' main assets on August 22, 2016 and reopened Arc's Toronto office.
In March 2019, Boat Rocker bought a stake in Untitled Entertainment, a talent management and production company.
- Boat Rocker Brands
- Boat Rocker Rights (formerly Temple Street Distribution) distribution and acquisition
- Boat Rocker Venture
- Boat Rocker Studio
|Lip Sync Battle||Paramount Network, Eight Million Plus, Sunday Night, Four Eyes Entertainment, Casey Patterson Ent|
|The Loud House||Nickelodeon, Jam Filled Entertainment||animation services|
|The Bagel and Becky Show||Radical Sheep, Jam Filled Entertainment|
|Boy Band||Matador Content|
|Fangbone!||Radical Sheep, DHX Media|
|Danger Mouse||Boulder Media, CBBC|
|What Would Diplo Do?||Matador Content, tmwrk, Good Crazy Productions, Viceland|
|Top Wing||Industrial Brothers, 9 Story Media Group, Nickelodeon|
|Dot.||Industrial Brothers, The Jim Henson Company|
|Remy and Boo||Industrial Brothers, Boat Rocker Studios|
|Kingdom Force||Industrial Brothers, Boat Rocker Studios|
|Dino Ranch||Industrial Brothers, Boat Rocker Studios|
- Punter, Jennie; Punter, Jennie (2016-02-02). "'Orphan Black' Producer Temple Street Productions Expands as Boat Rocker Media". Variety. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Temple Street to restructure under new parent; targets global market". Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (2016-02-24). "Fox's Syndicated Science Block Xploration Station to Go Global". TVREAL. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Boat Rocker Rights acquires Mountain Road library". Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Boat Rocker Media acquires Radical Sheep". Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2016-08-04). "Boat Rocker Media Acquires Jam Filled Entertainment". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2016-08-22). "Boat Rocker's Jam Filled Ent. Acquires Arc Assets". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- White, Peter; White, Peter (2018-01-25). "FremantleMedia Moves Out Of Kids Content, Sells Unit To Canada's Boat Rocker". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2018-11-08). "'Lip Sync Battle' Producer Matador Content Acquired By Boat Rocker Media". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2019-03-04). "Boat Rocker Media Buys Stake In Untitled Entertainment". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Littleton, Cynthia (2019-09-12). "Boat Rocker Media Buys Platform One Media to Expand Scripted TV Operation (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- "Temple Street restructures". C21media. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "'Orphan Black' Production Company Launches Animation Division, Reorganizes". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Disney Junior picks up Boat Rocker's Dino Ranch". Playback. Retrieved 2019-09-23.