Bo Peep Bo Peep
"Bo Peep Bo Peep" is a song by South Korean girl group T-ara. It is the first lead track (of two) from the album Absolute First Album, the other being "Like The First Time" (Korean: 처음처럼). The song won 5 weekly number one awards on KBS Music Bank and SBS Inkigayo. It was later re-recorded in Japanese for the group's debut single, which was released on September 28, 2011. They are the first Korean group to debut at the number one spot in both Oricon's weekly chart and Billboard Japan Hot 100. The single has sold a total of more than 91,343 copies to date and was certified Gold for a shipment of over 100,000 paid downloads by the RIAJ.
|"Bo Peep Bo Peep"|
|Single by T-ara|
|from the album Absolute First Album|
|Released||November 27, 2009|
|T-ara Korean singles chronology|
|"Bo Peep Bo Peep"|
|Single by T-ara|
|from the album Jewelry Box|
|B-side||"LOVE ME ! ～あなたのせいで狂いそう～"|
|Released||September 28, 2011|
|Label||EMI Music Japan|
|T-ara Japanese singles chronology|
For the group's comeback, T-ara released music video teasers for the songs "Bo Peep Bo Peep" and "Like the First Time". Around 9,000 netizens from over 9 music portal sites voted in a poll determining which song will become the album's title track, but despite "Like the First Time" being the winning song and lead track to the album, the group promoted "Bo Peep Bo Peep" on music programs after it was well received by critics who felt that it would be the group's first hit. The group held their comeback stage on KBS Music Bank on December 4.
On August 4, 2011, it was announced that T-ara would be debuting in Japan with a Japanese version of "Bo Peep Bo Peep". The single was released on September 28 as two limited editions and a regular edition, with a Japanese version of their song "I Go Crazy Because of You" as the accompanying b-side. The music video was released on September 1 on the Japanese cable television network Space Shower TV. The single debuted on Oricon's Daily Chart at No. 1 with 20,068 copies sold on the first day. They are the first Korean girl group to achieve the number one spot and the third Korean group to reach the top three of the charts after MBLAQ's "Your Luv" and SHINee's "Replay-Kimi wa Boku no Everything". The single debuted at number one on Oricon's Weekly Chart with 49,712 copies sold and number one on Billboard Japan Hot 100, making them the first foreign group and also the first Korean girl group to debut at number one.
|1.||"Bo Peep Bo Peep" (Japanese version)||Zoop||Shinsadong Tiger, Choi Kyu-sung||3:49|
|2.||"LOVE ME! ～Anata no Sei de Kurisou" (あなたのせいで狂いそう; I Go Crazy Because of You)||Cho Young Soo, Kim Tae Hyun||3:17|
|3.||"Bo Peep Bo Peep" (Inst.)||3:49|
|4.||"LOVE ME! ～Anata no Sei de Kurisou" (Inst.)||3:15|
|1.||"Bo Peep Bo Peep (JAPAN ORIGINAL ver.)"||7:06|
|Gaon single chart||4|
|Released||Oricon Chart||Peak||Debut sales||Sales total|
|September 28, 2011||Daily Singles Chart||1||49,712||91,343+|
|Weekly Singles Chart||1|
|Monthly Singles Chart||7|
|Yearly Singles Chart||97|
|Billboard Japan Hot 100||1|
|Billboard Japan Hot 100 Year-End||86|
|RIAJ Digital Track Chart||3|
|RIAJ Digital Track Chart
(LOVE ME! ~Anata no Sei de Kurisou~)
Sales and certificationsEdit
|RIAJ full-length cellphone downloads||Gold (100,000+)|
|RIAJ PC downloads||Gold (100,000+)|
|RIAJ physical shipping certification||Gold (100,000+)|
In 2010, Taiwanese entertainer Lotus Wang did a cover of the song under the title "Bobee 保庇". It became a dance craze and was picked by CNN's Phil Han for the "Best Viral Video of the Week", which led to controversy from Korean netizens complaining that the song 'wasn't original' and that they failed to mention the original title or T-ara's name at all.
|South Korea||November 27, 2009||Digital download||Core Contents Media|
|Japan||September 28, 2011||CD single||EMI Music Japan|
|October 5, 2011||Digital download|
- "티아라, 50억 근접 역대 최고가 전속계약..일본 J-ROCK과 47억" (in Korean). Newsen. July 7, 2011.
- 一般社団法人 日本レコード協会｜各種統計 [Record Association report: December 2011 Gold List and other approved work]. RIAJ (in Japanese).
- "T-ARA、日本デビュー・シングル"Bo Peep Bo Peep"の発売日が決定" (in Japanese). Tower Records. August 4, 2011.
- "T-ARA、日本デビュー作が初日首位 韓国グループ初のデビューシングル週間1位なるか" (in Japanese). Oricon. September 29, 2011.
- "【オリコン】史上初！韓国勢新作が同時首位…シングルT-ARA＆アルバム東方神起" (in Japanese). Oricon. October 4, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- "T-ara Official Japanese Website" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on August 5, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Gaon Search - T-ara" (in Korean). Gaon. August 2, 2011.
- 티아라 일본 오리콘 1위, 한국 걸그룹 사상 최초 (in Korean). Naver. September 28, 2011.
- "Billboard Japan Hot 100" (in Japanese). Billboard. Archived from the original on 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Japan Hot 100 Music Chart / Billboard.com". Billboard. 2011-12-09. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "RIAJ Digital Track Chart: Chart issue October 11, 2011" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Archived from the original on 2012-05-07. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "RIAJ Digital Track Chart: Chart issue October 4, 2011" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Archived from the original on May 7, 2012. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "一般社団法人 日本レコード協会｜各種統計". RIAJ. RIAJ. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "一般社団法人 日本レコード協会｜各種統計". RIAJ. RIAJ. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- ""원조가 묻혔네"..CNN, `보핍` 리메이크곡 열풍소개" (in Korean). Nate. January 1, 2011.
- "iTunes - ミュージック - T-ARA「Bo Peep Bo Peep - EP」" (in Japanese). iTunes. October 5, 2011.