Blue Hill (restaurant)
|Owner(s)||Dan, David, and Laureen Barber|
|Street address||75 Washington Place, Manhattan, New York City, New York|
Blue Hill was established in April 2000 and is owned by Dan, David, and Laureen Barber. The restaurant uses some ingredients from the Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture, where Dan Barber owns another restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama dined at Blue Hill on May 30, 2009. It was titled the "New Best Restaurant" by the James Beard Foundation in 2001 and "Outstanding Restaurant" in 2013.
In May 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, Chef Dan Barber launched the resourcED program at Blue Hill which packaged ingredients from the Stone Barns farm and included directions for customers to cook themselves. The boxes were intended to keep the restaurant and their suppliers in business when they couldn't host diners.
- Bruni, Frank (August 2, 2006). "Food You'd Almost Rather Hug Than Eat". Events.nytimes.com. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- Platt, Adam (May 21, 2005). "Up on the Farm". Nymag.com. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Awards Search - James Beard Foundation". Jamesbeard.org. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- Canavan, Hillary Dixler (6 May 2013). "Winners: 2013 James Beard Restaurant and Chef Awards". Eater.com. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- Goldfield, Hannah. "Blue Hill in a Box". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2020-10-21.