Blue Cross Canada
The Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans (CABCP) is an association of 7 regional not-for-profit health and travel insurance providers in Canada. The first Blue Cross Plan was offered to residents of Manitoba in 1939. The association is headquartered in Etobicoke, Ontario.
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Products||travel and health insurance|
|Revenue||greater than $2 billion CAD (2000)|
Blue Cross Canada is linked to Blue Cross Blue Shield Association through International Federation of Health Funds.
List of Blue Cross Member PlansEdit
- Pacific Blue Cross (BC and Yukon) - Burnaby, BC
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross (Saskatchewan) - Saskatoon (c. 1946)
- Alberta Blue Cross (Alberta and Northwest Territories) - Edmonton
- Manitoba Blue Cross (Manitoba and Nunavut) - Winnipeg
- Ontario Blue Cross (Ontario) - Etobicoke (c. 1941)
- Quebec Blue Cross (Quebec) - Montreal (c. 1942)
- Medavie Blue Cross - Moncton, NB - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador (c. 1943)
- "." Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans — About Us
- Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans — Regional Plans