Blu & Exile
Blu & Exile
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Labels||Sound in Color, Fat Beats, Dirty Science|
Blu and Exile first met in the mid-2000s while Blu was serving as a hype man for various hip hop groups including Slum Village, Platinum Pied Pipers, and Exile's own group, Emanon. He was personally introduced to Exile through Emanon's other member, Aloe Blacc. In 2007, Blu & Exile released their debut album, Below the Heavens, which was described by XXL as "one of 2007's most celebrated hip-hop releases". In 2012, the duo released their second album, Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them. In 2017, the duo released In the Beginning: Before the Heavens, deleted tracks from Below the Heavens. Their next release, the True & Livin' EP was released May 24, 2019. On July 17, 2020, Blu & Exile released their third album, Miles: From An Interlude Called Life (or Miles for short), coinciding with the 13th anniversary of Below the Heavens.
- Below the Heavens (2007)
- Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them (2012)
- Miles: From an Interlude Called Life (2020)
- Maybe One Day (2012)
- True & Livin (2019)
- In the Beginning: Before the Heavens (2017)
- Cordor, Cyril. "Blu & Exile - Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Cho, Jaeki (July 18, 2012). "The Making of Blu & Exile's Below the Heavens". XXL. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Bromwich, Jonah (August 30, 2012). "Blu & Exile: Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them". Pitchfork. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Diep, Eric (October 19, 2017). "Blu & Exile Talk Comeback Album 'In the Beginning: Before the Heavens,' Stream New Project: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "Blu & Exile True & Livin'". Dirty Science. May 24, 2019. Retrieved June 10, 2019.