Bloomingdale High School
Bloomingdale High School is a public high school located in Valrico, Florida. Bloomingdale was established in 1987, three years after Gaither High School, and has its same architectural design. Bloomingdale's first graduating class was in 1989, since Hillborough County does not pull seniors from existing schools for new schools. The current principal is Susan Burkett. The football stadium is named for the first principal, Charley Harris. The school colors are red and white with black trim.
|Bloomingdale Senior High School|
1700 East Bloomingdale Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Discover Tomorrow Today|
|School district||Hillsborough County Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||125.00 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.77|
|Campus size||78.87 acres (319,200 m2)|
|Color(s)||Red, White and Black|
|Rivals||Newsome High School|
Riverview High School
Brandon High School
|Newspaper||The Crimson Times|
|Feeder schools||Guy O. Burns Middle School|
Sports offered include: golf, football, soccer, baseball, softball, wrestling, basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, swimming, flag football, cross country, tennis and track and field. Ice hockey, and bowling are club sports. Boys' sports teams are called the Bloomingdale Bulls, and girls' sports teams are called the Bloomingdale Lady Bulls.
The boys soccer team won state championships in '93, '95, and '98.
The girls soccer team won a state title in 2001 and was state runner up in 1992.
The cheerleading squad won state championships in 2008 and 2009.
The softball team won the state championship in 1993 and 2014.
Clubs and organizationsEdit
Bloomingdale High School currently offers three types of clubs: special interest, academic/honor, and service clubs.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (January 2018)
- Erin Andrews (1996): FOX sportscaster
- Beth Bauer: (1999) LPGA Professional golfer
- Chad Bratzke: (1989) former National Football League player (Indianapolis Colts)
- Mark Consuelos (1989): television soap opera star and husband of Live with Regis & Kelly star Kelly Ripa and Hiram Lodge on Riverdale (2017 TV series)
- Steve Freeman (1991): professional soccer player and coach
- Funkghost (Alvin Augustus Harris): (1990) hip-hop artist/producer
- Matt Good (2000): guitarist/vocalist of From First To Last/Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows
- Mike Heald (1990): professional soccer player
- Debra Lafave (1999): Child rapist
- Richie Martin (2012) MLB Professional Baseball Player Oakland Athletics
- "Superintendent's Office - Hillsborough County Public Schools". www.sdhc.k12.fl.us. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "BLOOMINGDALE HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 3, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Bloomingdale High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Bloomingdale High School". greatschools.net. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "BOYS SOCCER 2013-14 CHAMPIONSHIP RECORDS" (PDF). fhsaa.org. FHSAA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 March 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- fhsaa.org - FHSAA Championship Record Books http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/records/rec_scg.pdf - FHSAA Championship Record Books Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 24 August 2015. Missing or empty
- 2006-2007 Hillsborough County Public Schools Student Handbook: Bloomingdale High School Special Section
- Amaya-Danker, Daysi (February 15, 2017). "Debra LaFave the subject of new biography written by friend and Latin entertainer Zuniga". Retrieved 5 July 2019.