Blok M, Jakarta
Blok M is a business and shopping quarter located in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, Indonesia. It runs east from Iskandarsyah street to Bulungan street in the west. North from Falatehan street to Melawai street in the south. The development is similar to some of the developments near Kota, West Jakarta. On daily basis crowds of people throng its street, and even more so during night time. Much of the popularity of the quarter is due to the prices of goods (which are often low due to the relatively inexpensive property costs for vendors), and the night life.
Mal Blok M, the main shopping portion of the quarter. Built on the terminal basement since 1993. The mall is known for having low prices but bargaining is considered a requirement. Blok M Square, Blok M Plaza and Pasaraya Grande are the main shopping centres in Blok M. Built in 1992, the Plaza is a modern mall. Pasaraya Grande is a department store run by Abdul Latief. Its two contiguous buildings include a big food court in the basement are international standard with corresponding prices. A movie theatre is at the top floor.
Clubs and CafesEdit
There are plenty cafes, Karaoke, massage parlour within the area. Jalan Melawai, which is known as Little Tokyo has many Japanese style restaurants, bars and cafes.
Faltehan street also has many cafe, bars and massage parlor.
M Bloc SpaceEdit
Its a creative complex, which was previously previously an abandoned housing complex. The place has music venue, trendy restaurants, coffee shops, bar, beauty clinic, record store, museum Gallery and community Hall. The M Bloc Market is an ecofriendly market for small businesses products, such as coffee, fruits and vegetables. Its a popular hangout place specially among youngsters.
Blok M has one of the largest bus stations in Jakarta which many Transjakarta and Kopaja buses depart from. The area is also served by Jakarta MRT with Blok M BCA MRT station which directly connected to Blok M Plaza.
- "Plaza Blok M Shooting Club". Archived from the original on 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2010-07-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jakpost guide to Blok M Square". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2017-08-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Intip Kehidupan Malam di Little Tokyo Jakarta, 4 Pebasket Jepang Diduga Booking Cewek di Lokasi Ini". Tribun Jakarta (in Indonesian). 23 August 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "A Trip to Melawai's Little Tokyo in Jakarta". Jakarta Globe. Retrieved 2017-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Expanded M Bloc Space to open in 2021". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 6 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Award-winning Indonesian movies to be screened at M Bloc". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 6 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blok M.|