Blaricum (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈblaːrikɵm] (listen)) is a municipality and village in the province of North Holland, the Netherlands. It is part of the region of Gooiland and part of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (Metropoolregio Amsterdam). It is known for its many monumental farm buildings, local cafes and restaurants, nature, several annual community events and extensive up-market residential areas.
Church in Blaricum
Location in North Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Joan de Zwart-Bloch (D66)|
|• Total||15.56 km2 (6.01 sq mi)|
|• Land||11.11 km2 (4.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.45 km2 (1.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||953/km2 (2,470/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
According to statistics published by the Dutch land registry office in February 2011, Blaricum is the most expensive location to purchase a house in the Netherlands. The average home in Blaricum costs €800,000 and has risen an average of 12% over the last year. Blaricum is a popular residence of many Dutch celebrities, including Rene Froger, Anita Meijer, Paul de Leeuw, Gordon, Jerney Kaagman, John de Mol, Anita Witzier and Marco Borsato.
The municipality of Blaricum consists of the following districts: Dorp, Bijvanck and Blaricummermeent.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Blaricum, June 2015.
The municipal council of Blaricum consists of 13 seats, which are divided as follows:
In Blaricum was located the Tolstoyan community De International Broederschap 1900-1903.
- "J.N. de Zwart-Bloch" (in Dutch). Gemeente Blaricum. Archived from the original on 24 February 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 1261JB". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Blaricum still has the most expensive houses", DutchNews.nl (10 February 2010)
- Maria W.J.L. Boersen: De Colonie van de Internationale Broederschap te Blaricum (Blaricum: Historische Kring Blaricum, 1987)