Blanc Group Ltd., trading as Blanc & Eclare, is a fashion brand producing eyewear, denim, clothing, skincare, and accessories. Korean-American singer and actress Jessica Jung launched the label in August 2014, initially naming it Blanc, meaning "clean and crisp". Eclare, derived from the Latin root Clara, representing "clarity and brightness", was added later.
|Blanc & Eclare|
|Type||Private company limited by shares|
Blanc & Eclare merchandise is sold in around sixty stores in locations such as Seoul, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Taiwan, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vancouver. In December 2016, Blanc & Eclare opened its first U.S. flagship store in the SoHo neighborhood of New York. In January 2021, a second flagship store was opened in Seoul, South Korea.
The brand is made up of pieces that are described to be "modern-classic featuring clean-cut silhouettes and interesting details", which reflects Jung's own fashion preferences. Jung has credited her mother for having a "huge influence" on her interest in fashion. She has also stated that she travels to different cities for her designs in order to gain inspiration from looking at different cultural styles and colors. The styles and names of each pair of sunglasses are based on international cities.
In October 2014, Blanc & Eclare began to collaborate with the charity "Help For Children", which is an organization that aims to prevent and treat child abuse. Through a design competition, Blanc & Eclare invites the public to design their own pair of sunglasses. The winning designs join the Blanc & Eclare collection, and 100% of profits from their sales go to the 'Help For Children' foundation.
In 2018, Blanc & Eclare announced a new package room collaboration with The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong that included a lounge-wear set exclusively designed for guests. The same year, Blanc & Eclare also announced a limited edition collaboration with South Korean model Irene Kim, called "Love is Good". In September, Blanc & Eclare and Keds collaborated to celebrate New York Fashion Week with an exclusive sneaker customization event. A limited number of buyers were eligible to receive a pair of Blanc & Eclare customized Triple Kick sneakers from Keds signed by Jung. In October, the brand teamed up with Zalora, to launch a limited-edition bag collection designed by Jung named "Poppy". A second collection in collaboration with Zalora was launched in November, named "Rosie". In December, Blanc & Eclare collaborated with Casetify to release an exclusive capsule collection of iPhone cases.
In May 2019, Blanc & Eclare collaborated with Vogue Korea for their second annual Vogue Market. The limited-edition collection consisted of a canvas mini bucket bag available in four different colors with detachable key-rings, and a logo ball cap.
On September 27, 2021, Hong Kong-based newspaper The Standard reported a lawsuit filed by Joy King Enterprises against the label's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tyler Kwon. The company alleged Kwon failed to pay back a principal and interest loan total of $6.8 million, originally loaned by Spectra SPC between 2016 and 2017 and transferred to Joy King Enterprises in August 2021. In an interview with Korean newspaper MyDaily, Kwon stated he had come to an agreement with Spectra SPC to extend the loan term due to COVID-19, an agreement he claimed Joy King Enterprises failed to honor.
- "Jessica Jung on Moving into Fashion From K-Pop: 'It Came Very Naturally'". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "K-Pop Star Jessica Jung on Her Denim Essentials". Vogue. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "K-Pop Star Jessica Jung Opens Blanc & Eclare's First U.S. Flagship in New York City". Fashionista. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "블랑앤에클레어". blancgroup.com. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "This K-Pop Star's Fashion Line Has Finally Landed Stateside". Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "[단독] 제시카, '블랑 앤 에클레어' 첫 서울 플래그십 스토어 연다". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "KBS World Radio K-POP News". world.kbs.co.kr. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Creative Director, Jessica Jung talks about inspirations behind her fashion designs and future plans for the label at BLANC & ECLARE x Surrender Exclusive Press Conference". The Fifth Parlour. 2015-08-30. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Jessica's 'BLANC & ECLARE' to collaborate with 'Help For Children' charity and launch a design competition". allkpop. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Announces Jessica Jung Of Blanc & Eclare Loungewear Collaboration | Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Corporate". www.mandarinoriental.com. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "제시카의 블랑앤에클레어, 아이린과 함께 캡슐 컬렉션 LOVE IS GOOD 런칭" (in Kanuri). Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- "BLANC & ECLARE on Instagram: "Kicking off fall in style! BLANC & ECLARE and @keds are celebrating New York Fashion Week with an exclusive sneaker customization event on…"". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-26. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- Browning, Justine. "Zalora teams with Jessica Jung's Blanc & Eclare for limited edition bag collection". Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- "ZALORA Collaborated with Jessica Jung for the Second Time to Launch the Rosie Bag". www.myfatpocket.com. Archived from the original on 2018-12-22. Retrieved 2018-12-22.
- "Casetify's Taps K-Pop Star Jessica Jung for Its Latest Collaboration". HYPEBAE. Retrieved 2018-12-22.
- "VOGUE MARKET-보그 코리아". 보그 코리아(VOGUE Korea) (in Kanuri). Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "露华浓(Revlon)哑光丽采唇膏017 联名限定郑秀妍闪钻红签名定制款【图片 价格 品牌 评论】-京东". item.m.jd.com. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- Standard, The. "Brand founded by Kpop star Jessica embroiled in US$6.8m lawsuit". The Standard. Retrieved 2022-05-22.
- "[단독] 타일러권 "피소 억울, 상환 가능해…제시카 명예만 다쳤다" (인터뷰)". 네이트 뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved 2022-05-22.
- 조선일보 (2022-04-27). ""80억 갚아라"…소송 휘말린 제시카·타일러권, 8개월만에 나온 결말". 조선일보 (in Korean). Retrieved 2022-05-22.