Blaise Pascal University
Blaise Pascal University (French: Université Blaise-Pascal), also known as Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand II or just Clermont-Ferrand II, is a public university with its main campus on 53 acres (210,000 m2) in Clermont-Ferrand, France, with satellite locations in other parts of the region of Auvergne, including Vichy, Moulins, Montluçon, and Aubière.
|Motto||"An open mind" (L'esprit d'ouverture)|
On 1 January 2017, the university became part of the University Clermont Auvergne.
It was founded in 1854, as part of Clermont-Ferrand University.
In 1987 it was named for mathematician, scientist, and philosopher Blaise Pascal, who was born in Clermont.
However, both Clermont-Ferrand universities have announced their intention to merge. As of 2017, Clermont-Ferrand will again be a single university.
For the 2013–2014 academic year, the university had an enrollment of 16,007 students, of which nearly 2,500 were foreign students. Additionally, it had 970 research professors between its multiple campuses. Students may choose from among 250 degrees and programs.
It offers bachelor's, master, and doctorate degrees in Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Language and Cultural Studies, and Science and Technology. It also offers bachelor's or master's degrees in Business and Social Science.
- University of Auvergne or University Clermont I
- "Université Blaise Pascal - Ranking & Review". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Seguy, Roland (2012-03-23). "Mathias Bernard, de doyen à président". La Montagne. (in French)
- "Chiffres clés". univ-bpclermont.fr. Retrieved 24 September 2014. (in French)
- "Plan d'accès - Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "76-242 decree". legifrance.gouv.fr.
- "Mathias Bernard élu Président de l'Université". Université Blaise Pascal., 22 March 2012 (in French)
- Stromboni, Camille. "Les universités clermontoises optent pour la fusion". EducPros.fr., 19 September 2013
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2009-11-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)