Blackout (Buffy novel)
Blackout is an original novel based on the U.S. television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
|Author||Keith R.A. DeCandido|
|Series||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Publisher||Simon Spotlight Entertainment|
|August 29, 2006|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
|LC Class||CPB Box no. 2714 vol. 8|
|Preceded by||Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids All in a Row|
|Followed by||Halloween Rain|
It is 1977, the summer of a brutal blackout, the time of the Son of Sam murders, and a period of brutal fiscal disaster for New York City. The slayer Nikki Wood fights against the forces of darkness and also tries to protect her son, Robin. Meanwhile, Spike and Drusilla arrive in the city hoping to hunt down a slayer, not without the local vampire community soon discovering of their arrival.
- It is mentioned that Nikki had been the slayer for 4 years. And a specific date of February 10, 1973 is given for when her watcher informs her of her calling.
- Keith R.A. DeCandido posts an announcement about his upcoming book
- Whedonesquers discuss upcoming book
- DeCandido.net - Keith R.A. DeCandido reveals more details about influences on the book, and its plot
- Whedonesquers discuss details revealed at DeCandido.net
- Interview with author
- An excerpt from the novel
- Whedonesquers discuss the excerpt