The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2021)
Black Picture Show was originally performed at the Vivian Beaumont Theater. The play deals with the conversations between an ageing black screenwriter, playwright, and poet, and his son, among others. It was also published as a book.
In June 2021, a staged reading of Black Picture Show was performed, directed by Awoye Timpo, in conjunction with a gallery exhibition and program series dedicated to the work of Bill Gunn at the Artists Space gallery. The performance was later edited into a feature film.
- Barnes, Clive (January 7, 1975). "'Black Picture Show,' a Tale of Corruption" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Black Picture Show – Broadway Play – Original | IBDB".
- Gunn, Bill (June 1, 1975). "Black Picture Show" – via Amazon.
- "Black Picture Show". artistsspace.org. Retrieved 2021-07-14.
- "BLACK PICTURE SHOW". Merograph. Retrieved 20 July 2021.