This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Black Lab Linux is a free software Linux distribution for x86 and x86-64 hardware. It was first released in November 2013 by PC/OpenSystems LLC. Black Lab Linux is based on Ubuntu Linux tailored both for general desktop use and for the more technical user. It is commercially made available by PC/OpenSystems LLC for business desktops, education facilities, as well as parallel computing.
|Developer||Black Lab Linux team|
|OS family||Linux (Unix-like)|
|Latest release||11.60 / March 9, 2018|
|Latest preview||2015.09 / September 14, 2015|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux)|
Formerly known as OS/4, the product was renamed by Roberto J. Dohnert and the software team to Black Lab Linux after the USPTO denied his trademark application for OS/4. PC/OpenSystems LLC had acquired the rights to the name Black Lab Linux in 2008 after the acquisition of Terrasoft Solutions by Fixstars. In its current incarnation, Black Lab Linux does not share any code or platform similarities with Terrasoft Solutions's product called Black Lab Linux as Terrasoft Solutions's release was for the PowerPC Processor. Fixstars Linux's products, Yellow Dog Linux and Y-HPC, are currently developed under the Yellow Dog Linux brand.
- "Black Lab Linux: About Us". Archived from the original on 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2015-09-14.
- Dohnert, Roberto (2018-03-09). "Black Lab Enterprise Linux 11.60 Released". Archived from the original on 2018-06-19. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Black Lab Linux: Black Lab NEXT 2015.9 released". Archived from the original on 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2015-09-14.
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 257, 16 June 2008
- PC/OS: Insert CD, use desktop | Linux.com | The source of Linux information
- Linuxed - Exploring Linux distros: OS4 OpenLinux 13.6 Review: XFCE spin with a difference!
- Black Lab Linux 8.0 Is a Rare Treat | Reviews | LinuxInsider
- Ubuntu-Based Black Lab Linux 7.6 Released with Xfce 4.12 and LibreOffice 5.12, Softpedia News
- "LWN Distributions List". Lwn.net. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Black Lab Linux". Linux.com. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Patent Trolls Kill OS/4 OpenLinux, the Black Lab Linux Distro Is Born". News.softpedia.com. 2013-11-21. Archived from the original on 2014-12-25. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Terra Soft Solutions Acquired by Fixstars". Ostatic.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.