Bishop of Colombo
The Anglican Bishop of Colombo is the ecclesiastical head of the Diocese of Colombo, a diocese in the Church of Ceylon which is part of the Anglican Communion. The Diocese of Colombo was founded in 1845, as the diocese of the Church of England in Ceylon.
List of bishopsEdit
|Bishops of Colombo|
|1845||1861||James Chapman||first Bishop of Colombo installed in the presiding seat|
|1862||1871||Piers Claughton||first Bishop of St Helena (1859 – 61) and upon his return to England was appointed Archdeacon of London (1871 – 84)|
|1872||1875||Hugh Jermyn||translated to Bishop of Brechin (1875 – 1903) and Primus of Scotland (1886 – 1901)|
|1876||1902||Reginald Copleston||translated to Bishop of Calcutta and Metropolitan of India (1902 – 13)|
|1938||1947||Cecil Horsley||appointed as Bishop of Gibraltar (1947–53)|
|1948||1964||Rollo Graham Campbell|
|1964||1971||Harold de Soysa||first Ceylonese Bishop of Colombo|
|2001||2010||Duleep De Chickera|
- One hundred years in Ceylon, or, The centenary volume of the Church Missionary Society in Ceylon, 1818-1918 (1922) Author: Balding, John William Madras: Printed at the Diocesan Press.
- The Church of Ceylon - her faith and mission Published in 1945, Printed at the Daily News Press by Bernard de Silva for the Church of Ceylon.
- The Church of Ceylon: A history, 1945-1995 Editor: Medis, Frederick Published for the Diocese of Colombo.
- Official Web Site of Church of Ceylon, Diocese of Colombo
- The Church of Ceylon (Anglican Communion)
- Anglican Church of Ceylon News
- Worship Resources including a Prayer for Sri Lanka written by Metropolitan Lakdasa de Mel and prayers written by the Bishop of Colombo
- The Church of Ceylon - World Council of Churches website