Birkenwerder (German: Bahnhof Birkenwerder) is a railway station in the town of Birkenwerder, Brandenburg, Germany. The station lies of the Berlin Northern Railway and the train services are operated by Deutsche Bahn including Berlin S-Bahn services.
|Other names||Birkenwerder (b Berlin)|
|Owned by||DB Netz|
|Operated by||DB Station&Service|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Train operators||S-Bahn Berlin|
|Fare zone||: Berlin C/5154|
|Opened||10 July 1877|
|Electrified||: 5 June 1925|
main line: 1 October 1983
|Previous names||1911-1927 Birkenwerder (Bez. Potsdam)|
|1923/1924||current building erected|
The so-called "Rote Brücke" (red bridge), a pedestrian bridge that leads over the railway tracks, is a protected monument.
On 31 May 1992, S1 trains were extended to Hohen Neuendorf, and to Oranienburg after the fall of Berlin Wall. The East Berlin stretch of the line (now S8) was shortened to terminate at this station.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- "Der VBB-Tarif: Aufteilung des Verbundgebietes in Tarifwaben und Tarifbereiche" (PDF). Verkehrsbetrieb Potsdam. Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg. 1 January 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 October 2020. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- Detlef Scheibe, translation by Alan Reekie (February 1983). "Two-system operation at Birkenwerder (next to Berlin)". Modelleisenbahner. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Timetables for Birkenwerder station (in German)
- VBB website
- Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB) network map[permanent dead link]
- Station information (in German)