Binah (Hebrew: בינה, "Insight") is a Jewish women's magazine published weekly by Binah Magazine Corporation in the United States. Additional distribution takes place in the United Kingdom and Israel. Binah Magazine Corporation is a subsidiary of Hamodia Publishing Corporation. The magazine debuted in Elul 5766 (Fall 2006).
|First issue||Elul 5766 (Fall 2006)|
|Company||Binah Magazine Corporation|
|Based in||Brooklyn, New York|
Binah features articles appealing to Jewish women, including family matters, health, recipes, short stories and serialized novels. It is known for its full-color, glossy pages and its coverage of topics not usually discussed in mainstream Orthodox Jewish publications, such as divorce, single-parenting, home budgeting, and medical conditions. Its articles often create a buzz in Orthodox circles and online blogs. For example, a 2012 article on summer camp security led to a summer-camp inspection by New York Assemblyman Dov Hikind and New York State Senate hopeful Simcha Felder (he was elected to office a few months later) at Camp Agudah in upstate New York.
Each issue of Binah includes fiction, poetry, and serialized novels. Novels originally serialized in Binah and Binah Bunch have been published by mainstream Jewish book publishers. These include:
Binah Bunch/Binah BeTweenEdit
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Binah also produces the two-sided Binah Bunch Clubhouse/Binah BeTween glossy magazine for children and young teens, which is distributed together with the women's magazine.
- "SimchaGifts Affiliates". Simcha Gifts. 2008. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Berger, Zackery Sholem (August 8, 2012). "Haredi Women's Lit Explodes: The writers and editors behind the astonishing rise of Orthodox magazines and fiction". Tablet Magazine. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Binah Magazine Joins Forces With Agudath Israel And Local Politicians To Advance The Issue Of Camp Security". The Lakewood Scoop. July 23, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- Ben Shachar, Chaya Sara (2012). Dual Dilemmas. Feldheim Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59826-913-0. Archived from the original on November 10, 2014. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- Schwartz, Etka Gitel (2012). Full Harvest. Chilazon. ISBN 1427695334.
- Wiederblank, Sara (2009). Pass or Fail. Hamodia Treasures. ISBN 0967564573. Archived from the original on November 10, 2014. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- Schwartz, Etka Gitel (2010). Shortchanged. Aardvark Global Publishing. ISBN 1427647518.
- "Spice it Right Binah Magazine Cookbook". Eichlers.com. 2011. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Cooking With Color – 2 books in one". Eichlers.com. 2011. Archived from the original on September 14, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Julian, Hana Levi (December 26, 2008). "Latkes with a 'Cherry on Top'". Israel National News. Retrieved November 13, 2018.