Billboard Philippines (also known as BillboardPH) was a music media brand owned by Algo-Rhythm Communications in partnership with Billboard. Its creation was announced on June 2016 and it was officially launched on September 15, 2016. It provided music news, print and mobile publishing, music conferences and licensed shows for radio, internet and television.
Type of site
|Music media brand|
|Available in||English, Filipino|
|Alexa rank||780,070 (Global, March 2018)|
|Launched||September 15, 2016|
On June 10, 2017, after months of chart formulations, Billboard Philippines finally announced the inception of three music charts: Philippine Hot 100, Philippine Top 20 and Catalog Chart. The first chart week was released on June 12, 2017, coinciding with Philippine Independence Day. All charts refreshed every Monday.
After months of not releasing data, the charts were discontinued from January 15, 2018. The editor-in-chief Francis Reyes and Algo-Rhythm Communications did not release an official statement regarding their inactivity.
- Philippine Hot 100: ranked the most popular local and international songs in the Philippines.
- Philippine Top 20: ranked the most popular local songs in the Philippines.
- Catalog Chart: ranked the most popular local songs older than three years in the Philippines.
- Top 20 Social Chart: ranked the most followed Filipino artists on social networking services.
- K-Pop Top 5: launched on September 15, 2017, it ranked the most popular K-pop songs in the Philippines.
- "What's brewing, Francis Reyes?". GIST.PH. September 11, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "The Value of BillboardPH: A Somewhat Personal Perspective From the EIC". Billboard Philippines. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard Partners With AlgoRhythm to Launch Billboard Philippines". Billboard. June 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard amplifies Asian expansion with entry into Philippines". Sun.Star Manila. June 27, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard set to enter Philippines' music scene". Philippine Star. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard to launch in PH, vows support for Filipino artists". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "The BillboardPH Philippine Charts: It's About Time". Billboard Philippines. June 10, 2017. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Billboard Philippines Launches First National Charts". Billboard. June 20, 2017. Retrieved June 27, 2017.