Billboard Philippines (also known as BillboardPH) was a music media brand owned by Algo-Rhythm Communications in partnership with Billboard. Its creation was announced on June 2016 and it was officially launched on September 15, 2016. It provides music news, print and mobile publishing, music conferences and licensed shows for radio, internet and television.
Type of site
|Music media brand|
|Available in||English, Filipino|
|Alexa rank||780,070 (Global, March 2018)|
|Launched||September 15, 2016|
On June 10, 2017, after months of chart formulations, Billboard Philippines finally announced the inception of three music charts: Philippine Hot 100, Philippine Top 20 and Catalog Chart. The first chart week was released on June 12, 2017, coinciding with the Philippine Independence Day. All charts refresh every Monday.
As of January 22, 2018 to present, no charts are released and the editor-in-chief Francis Reyes and the Algo-Rhythm Communications has yet to release an official statement regarding their current inactivity.
After months of not releasing data, the charts was discontinued from January 15, 2018.
- Philippine Hot 100: ranks the most popular local and international songs in the Philippines.
- Philippine Top 20: ranks the most popular local songs in the Philippines.
- Catalog Chart: ranks the most popular local songs that are older than three years in the Philippines.
- Top 20 Social Chart: ranks the most followed Filipino artists on social networking services.
- K-Pop Top 5: launched on September 15, 2017, it ranks the most popular K-pop songs in the Philippines.
- "What's brewing, Francis Reyes?". GIST.PH. September 11, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "The Value of BillboardPH: A Somewhat Personal Perspective From the EIC". Billboard Philippines. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard Partners With AlgoRhythm to Launch Billboard Philippines". Billboard. June 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard amplifies Asian expansion with entry into Philippines". Sun.Star Manila. June 27, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard set to enter Philippines' music scene". Philippine Star. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Billboard to launch in PH, vows support for Filipino artists". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "The BillboardPH Philippine Charts: It's About Time". Billboard Philippines. June 10, 2017. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Billboard Philippines Launches First National Charts". Billboard. June 20, 2017. Retrieved June 27, 2017.