Bill Timoney, (born William Regan Timoney) is an American actor, voice actor, director, script writer and producer.
William Regan Timoney
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, director, script writer, producer|
Georgette Reilly (m. 2002)
|Parent(s)||Mary Gardiner (mother)|
|Family||Mike Timoney (brother)|
Perhaps the best known of Timoney's roles on television is as the character of Alfred Vanderpool on All My Children. The musical team Boyz II Men drew inspiration from Timoney's Vanderpool, and Nathan Morris, one of its tenors, used the stage name "Alex Vanderpool" in the character's honor early in the team's career.
In April 2010, Timoney made his off-Broadway theater debut at the Soho Playhouse as a standby for the actor Dan Butler in the role of Joseph Flaherty in The Irish Curse, dramatized by Martin Casella. Timoney replaced Butler for a few performances and was very favorably reviewed. In August 2010, he again received excellent notices for his portrayal as Bob in the Stephen Padilla drama, Picking Palin, for the New York International Fringe Festival. In December 2010, Timoney and his wife Georgette Reilly Timoney appeared at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre in Little Rock, Arkansas in a stage adaptation of A Christmas Story.
In early 2014, Timoney made his Broadway debut portraying nine roles (Senator Karl Mundt; a White House aide; a butler, a Secret Service agent, a Congressman and others) in a dramatic play written by Robert Schenkkan entitled All The Way starring Bryan Cranston as Lyndon B. Johnson. The play opened on March 6, 2014 at The Neil Simon Theatre in Manhattan. It received very favorable reviews. It received four Outer Critics Circle nominations for Outstanding New Broadway Play; Outstanding Director Of A Play (Bill Rauch); Outstanding Actor In A Play (Bryan Cranston); and Outstanding Featured Actor In A Play (John McMartin). All The Way won two 2014 Tony Awards for Best Play (Robert Schenkkan) and Best Actor In A Play (Bryan Cranston).
In 2018, Timoney and Cranston returned to Broadway in the stage adaptation of the film Network. Cranston won his second Tony Award for his portrayal of TV news anchorman Howard "mad as hell" Beale. Timoney played the TV news program's director, and he also understudied Cranston in the Beale role.
Timoney appears in the 2019 feature film The Irishman. Director Martin Scorsese chose Timoney to play an unscripted role of the prosecutor at the title character's trial. Timoney and Robert De Niro improvised the entire sequence of the prosecutor questioning the defendant.
- Addicted to Love - Restaurant Patron
- Dead Canaries - Star Chamber Agent
- Delenda - Cop
- Last Chance - Buddy
- The Irishman - Prosecutor
- The Price for Silence - Dr. Shaw
- The Last Late Night - George Carteris
- Mission to Mars - Computer (voice)
- Rocket's Red Glare - Astronaut Pete Baker
- Sea of Dust - Professor Sorell
- Soccer Dog: The Movie - Kimbell's owner
- The Inflitrator - Binoculars Man (uncredited)
- Wakefield - Homeless Man
- All My Children - Alfred Vanderpool (1982-1987, 1998-2005)
- Blue Bloods - Supervisor
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Henry Forman (Episode: F.P.S.)
- Lipstick Jungle - Marco (Episode: Pilot)
- Malcolm in the Middle - Mr. Miller (Episode: Academic Octathalon)
- Mr. Robot - Male Executive
- Orange is the New Black - Warden Gifford
- Hunters - Congressman Marshall
- The Good Cop - Alley Manager
- The Blacklist - Pastor Ritzen
- The High Life - Frank Stettler (Episode: Army Buddies)
- 12 Monkeys - Senator Royce
- Battle Arena Toshinden - Duke B. Rambert
- Battle Athletes - Additional Voices
- Cowboy Bebop - Baseball Announcer
- Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - Theft Victim
- Digimon (season 1) - Lord Bakemon
- Genshiken - Madarame
- Gravitation - Mr. Sakano
- Here is Greenwood - Kazuhiko Hasukawa (CPM dub)
- Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny - Ukin
- Jewel BEM Hunter Lime - Mr. Candle
- Legend of Himiko - Enki
- Madara - Chaos
- Mai Mai Miracle - Fujiwara
- Magical Witch Punie-chan - Peter Pilot, Limo Driver
- The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon - Dr. Yung
- Pokémon - Harley (Season 9), Nando, Dr. Kenzo, Conway, Additional voices
- Queen's Blade - Setora
- Record of Lodoss War - Parn
- Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars - Hajime Murata
- Trigun - Kuroneko
- Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend - Tatsuo Nagumo, Yuichi Nikki
- Voltage Fighters: Gowcaizer the Movie - Ryo Asahina
- Pup 2 No Good - Veterinarian
- Robot Trains - Vito, Ygor
- Comic Party
- Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
- Kujibiki Unbalance
- Record of Lodoss War (uncredited)
- "Where are They Now? Bill Timoney (ex-Alfred Vanderpool; 1982-87, 1998-2005)". Pine Valley Bulletin. February 3, 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Lason, Olivia (June 19, 2019). "Bill Timoney '80 on Acting, Story-telling and His Start in the Theatre-in-the-Round". Seton Hall University. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- "Bill Timoney". Arkansas Repertory Theatre. 2012. Archived from the original on July 9, 2012. Retrieved November 14, 2019.