This biographical article is written like a résumé. (November 2018)
William M. "Bill" Nuss is a TV writer and producer, who also writes for feature films and Broadway. He is President of Confidential Pictures, a Los Angeles-based production company that supplies primetime series to network and cable broadcasters. With Dusty Kay (Entourage), he has written the book for The Honeymooners, a Broadway-bound musical based on the classic CBS television series.
William M. Nuss
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Bonnie Geller Nuss (2 children)|
Nuss has produced, written or created over 300 hours of network primetime series. In addition to Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS, he worked with his mentor, Stephen J. Cannell, on Fox's first hit 21 Jump Street, starring Johnny Depp. Other Cannell series include Renegade starring Lorenzo Lamas, Booker, The A-Team, Riptide as well as the NBC TV movie Hunter: Everyone Walks in L.A. starring Fred Dryer and Miguel Ferrer. He has also written and developed pilots for NBC, CBS, Fox, and USA Network, directed episodic television, and has had cameos in several series.
As an independent producer, Nuss negotiated Side-Letter Agreements with the Directors Guild of America, the Teamsters and IATSE. His company, Confidential Pictures, produced North Shore for 20th Century Fox where he was involved in changing the production rebates in the state of Hawaii. On the creative side of the table, he is a member of the Writers Guild, the Directors Guild, the Screen Actors Guild, the Dramatists Guild, and Actors' Equity Association.
Nuss was the creator and Executive Producer of Pacific Blue, USA Network's highest rated drama series during its reign. The series reached one hundred and one episodes and is currently available for downloads on iTunes, etc., on DVD.
An avid tournament poker player, Nuss created and produced The Real Deal, the world's first live interactive poker show, staged at the Venetian Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. The show featured poker stars Doyle Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Antonio Esfandiari, Phil Laak, and Scotty Nguyen.
Originally from New York and Atlanta, Nuss graduated from Northwestern University where he developed the long running improvisational comedy review, The Mee-Ow Show. He is married to Bonnie Geller Nuss and lives in Brentwood, CA with their two daughters.
- The Real Deal – Producer – Venetian, Las Vegas (2008)
- North Shore – Producer (21 eps) – Confidential/20th/Fox (2004–2005)
- Pacific Blue – Creator/Exec. Producer (101 eps) – North Hall Productions/USA Network (1995–2002)
- Renegade – Exec. Producer (44 eps) – Cannell/Synd. (1993–1995)
- Return of Hunter – Exec. Producer – MOW – Cannell/NBC (1994)
- Greyhounds – Exec. Producer – MOW – Cannell/CBS (1994)
- The Hat Squad – Exec. Producer (12 eps) – Cannell/CBS (1993)
- Raven – Co-Exec. Producer (7 eps) – Columbia/CBS (1992)
- NYPD Mounted – Exec. Producer – MOW – Orion (1991)
- Booker – Exec. Producer (18 eps) – Cannell/Fox (1989–1990)
- 21 Jump Street – Exec. Prod./Supv. Prod./Prod. (81 eps) – Cannell/Fox (1987–1990)
- The A-Team – Story Editor (28 eps) – Cannell/NBC (1985–1986)
- Shanghai – Fox 21
- Gamble – Fox 21
- Stevi Faith
- The Fixer – ESPN
- Vegas High – Fox
- The Return of Hunter – Cannell/NBC
- Carrick O'Quinn – Cannell/CBS
- NCIS (1) – CBS Productions/CBS
- Hawaii Five-0 (1) – CBS Productions/CBS
- Pacific Blue (9) – North Hall Productions/USA Network
- Renegade (11) – Cannell/Synd.
- The Hat Squad (2) – Cannell
- Raven (2) – Columbia/CBS
- 21 Jump Street (14) – Cannell/FBC
- Booker (6) – Cannell/FBC
- The A-Team (9) – Cannell/NBC
- Riptide – Cannell/NBC
- The Honeymooners Broadway Musical – Co-Book Writer (Current)
- McKinley, Jr., James C. "'Honeymooners' Musical to Open in San Diego". New York Times, December 6, 2012. Retrieved on May 31, 2013.
- Masters, Kay. "Is 'A-Team' still worth rescue effort?". The Evening Independent, January 23, 1986, p. 1-B. Retrieved on May 31, 2013.
- Weintraub, Joanne. "Fans covet 'Pacific Blue' Treks". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 23, 1997, p. 8B. Retrieved on May 31, 2013.