This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
William "Bill" Church (born December 9, 1946) is an American bass guitarist, who started out playing bass in a band called Sawbuck in 1969, with Mojo Collins, Starr Donaldson, Ronnie Montrose and Chuck Ruff. As the band was beginning to record their first album, Montrose and Church left Sawbuck to join Van Morrison on his Tupelo Honey album. When Montrose rejoined Ruff to record Edgar Winter Group's smash They Only Come Out at Night, Church remained with Morrison and appeared on the Saint Dominic's Preview LP. When Montrose left Winter to form his own hard rock outfit, Montrose, Church was recruited along with singer Sammy Hagar and drummer Denny Carmassi. Church was replaced on the second Montrose album Paper Money by Alan Fitzgerald.
|Born||December 9, 1946|
|Associated acts||Van Morrison, Montrose, Sammy Hagar, Sawbuck|
Nicknamed "Electric Church," he has occasionally regrouped with Hagar over the years to record on several of the latter's solo albums. Church, along with Ronnie Montrose and Denny Carmassi had a "Montrose reunion" on Hagar's Marching To Mars CD (1997) on the song "Leaving The Warmth of the Womb."
- Sawbuck - Sawbuck (1971)
- Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey (1971)
- Van Morrison - Saint Dominic's Preview (1972)
- Montrose - Montrose (1973)
- Sammy Hagar - Nine on a Ten Scale (1976)
- Sammy Hagar - Sammy Hagar (the "Red" album) (1977)
- Sammy Hagar - Musical Chairs (1977)
- Sammy Hagar - All Night Long (Live) (1978)
- Sammy Hagar - Street Machine (1979)
- Sammy Hagar - Danger Zone (1979)
- Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton (1981)
- Sammy Hagar - Three Lock Box (1982)
- Sammy Hagar - Live 1980 (1983)
- Sammy Hagar - VOA (1984)
- Sammy Hagar - Marching to Mars (1997)
- Van Morrison - The Philosopher's Stone (1998); Two previously unreleased songs, recorded in 1971, "Ordinary People" and "Wonderful Remark"
- The DHC Band- The DHC Band (2011)
- Bill Church’s son, Trevor, played guitar in the rock band An Angle as well as the band, Medicated Goo based in Fresno California. Trevor is also known for being the mastermind behind the doom metal band Beastmaker. In 2017 Trevor formed the band Haunt, which is a revival of the sounds of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal from the 80's.
- Church is currently in the DHC Band (Davis, Hodge, Church) with Tom Davis and Perry Hodge
|This article about a bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|