Big Sandy High School (Big Sandy, Texas)
Big Sandy High School is a public high school located in Big Sandy, Texas and classified as a 2A school by the UIL. It is part of the Big Sandy Independent School District in southwestern Upshur County, Texas In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
|Big Sandy High School|
401 Wildcat Dr.
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Big Sandy Independent School District|
|Teaching staff||24.21 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.51|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AA|
|Website||Big Sandy High School|
The Big Sandy Wildcats compete in these sports - 
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Track, Powerlifting, and Softball & Baseball
- Football - 
- 1973(B), 1974(B)^, 1975(B)
Co-Champ with Celina
- Boys Track - 
The 1975 Big Sandy Wildcats football team is considered one of the most dominant in the history of Texas high school football. Going for their third consecutive Class B state title, Big Sandy went 14–0 with a (then) state record 11 shutouts, outscoring opponents 824–15. The offense scored a still national record 114 rushing touchdowns, of whom running back David Overstreet made 52 alone. The defense, led by defensive end/linebacker and future Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, allowed only two touchdowns all season. Only once during the entire season did Big Sandy trail during a game, when they were down 2–0 to Groom early in the championship game.
- "BIG SANDY H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- The Athletics Department
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Boys Track Archives Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- "'75 Big Sandy: Legendary team was a handful". Archived from the original on 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2007-12-07.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|