October 18, 1936
|Died||August 29, 2019(aged 82)|
|Education||University of Bologna|
She was born in Bologna. Her first exposure to professional cooking was through her mother, who owned and operated a trattoria in Bologna. She married a New Yorker named Vincent. She grew up cooking the food of her native Emilia-Romagna region. In 1960 she moved to New York, the hometown of her husband. In 1969 the family moved to Sacramento, which at the time did not have an Italian restaurant of note. In 1986 she opened her own restaurant, Biba, which went on to become one of the most famous Italian restaurants in California.
- Trattoria Cooking
- Biba's Taste of Italy
- From Biba's Italian kitchen
- Italy al dente
- Biba's Italy
- Northern Italian Cooking
- Spaghetti Sauces
- Breton, Marcós (3 June 2018). "Don't worry about the restaurant that changed Sacramento. But, how did Biba do it?". Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Bretón, Marcos (August 29, 2019). "Biba dies at 82. Her restaurant introduced a dining renaissance with a welcoming soul". Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Moffitt, Bob (August 29, 2019). "Biba Caggiano, Pioneer Of The Sacramento Restaurant Community, Dies At 82". www.capradio.org. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2013-01-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Biba Caggiano passes away at 82. She had 'the best restaurant in Sacramento for years'". KXTV. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-29. Retrieved 2013-01-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This biographical article about an Italian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|