|Bhutu / Bhootu|
|Also known as||Bhootu|
Malova Majumdar zeetv
Ashrunu Moitra zeetv
|Directed by||Srijit Roy|
Hemanth Mishra (Hindi)
|Creative director||Riya Sengupta|
Sana Amin Sheikh
|Narrated by||Zee Creative Team|
|Theme music composer||Upaali Chatterjee|
Zee TV Prakash, Viraj
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||Zee Bangla (300)|
Zee TV (214)
|Running time||22 minutes approx|
|Production company||Shree Venkatesh Films|
|Original network||Zee Bangla|
|Original release||Zee Bangla|
14 March 2016 – 25 February 2017
21 August 2017 – 15 June 2018
The original series was broadcast on Zee Bangla. The series revolves around a friendly girl ghost, "Bhutu", who always tries to help others, often causing light mischief and mayhem in the process. The character is based on Casper the Friendly Ghost. The show is dubbed in Hindi is telecast on Zee Anmol as Laddoo.
Plot (Bengali version)Edit
Bhutu is a 5-year-old friendly ghost. She loves to play with friends and she is very close to her mother. But she is very sad and disheartened that no one can see her. She relates to every new tenant as her own family members and solve their problems with her magic and finally gets reunited with her family before redemption of her soul in the original story.
The first tenant arrives, where the senior members of the family, Anup and Asit, as per instruction by their mother, want their sister Rumi to marry someone wealthy, forgetting her love, Bikram. The youngest member of the family, Logence, being a child, is finally able to see her and both develop a friendly relation. Gradually Bhutu helps Rumi (her Misti pishi) to marry Bikram (uncle) in a series of funny and emotional events through her magic. But then, the family leaves the house because they thought the house was possessed by a ghost.
The next tenant was a joint family involved in kitchen politics and conspiracy. Here also Bhutu finds her mother, grandmother, brother and sister among the strangers and help them by exposing the villains and making them realised about their mistakes. Among this events, she comes to know that she is a ghost.
Then finally her family comes back to their home, and Bhutu becomes visible to her mother, and prevents the marriage of her original Aunt (Misti pisi) to an imposter in a series of events. After this the family moves to a new house, where Bhutu also helps the family member, but get victimised for a wicked occultist. She finally becomes visible to everyone before redemption.
After five years, Bhutu's lookalike younger sister Putu is seen who was born after Bhootu's heavan journey. The family happily remembers Bhutu with Putu.
Plot (Hindi version)Edit
This section's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bhutu/Pihu waking up to an empty house. Throughout the day she keeps trying to talk with her friends but fails. She waits for her mother Anandita's return but becomes horrified when she hears some neighbors talking about a ghost residing in her house. When neighbors try to purify the house by performing Havan, she faints and Bal Gopal (Lord Krishna) appears.
Gopal reveals to Bhutu that she had died in a fire accident six months ago and now she has become a soul. He assures her that she will have one friend, who will be able to listen to her. With passing time, if she and her new friend come closer, eventually her friend will be able to touch her and see her. This new friend will lead her to her mother.
Suchi is introduced as Bhutu's new friend. She is friendly, responsible but hates kids. A few days before her wedding, when they have to vacate their house suddenly, Suchi comes across Bhutu's house and rents it.
When Suchi starts hearing Bhutu's voice, everyone assumes her to be suffering from some sort of mental disorder. After meeting Subodh – Bhutu's father, Suchi realizes that she wasn't imagining and Bhutu's ghost is still in her house. In haste to get rid of her, Suchi delivers a parcel to Singapore where Subodh and Anandita are supposed to shift within a few days and instructs Bhutu to stay with the parcel. However, she starts developing a soft corner for the little girl. Later, when Suchi finds out that Anandita has not left the city, she frantically searches for Bhutu and the two reunite. This incident leads to Suchi being able to touch Bhutu hinting their relationship has evolved. When Bhutu asks Suchi if she would hate her like the rest of the kids, Suchi replies that she isn't any normal child, but a ghost. Realizing Bhutu feels hurt by the term "Bhoot" (Ghost), she starts calling her "Bhootu" to lighten up her mood and promises that she would find out about her mother and help her reunite with her.
A series of events follow where it is revealed that Suchi's fiance Rishabh is actually marrying her for dowry. After Suchi meets with a fatal accident, her uterus is removed to save her life. Seeing Suchi battling for life, Bhutu pleads in front of Gopal to save her. Suchi revives and finally is able to see Bhutu. Suchi's mother calls off her engagement with Rishabh. Later Suchi gets to know about Rishabh's cheap tactics to defame her and hands him over to police.
Since Rishabh got her license cancelled, Suchi applies for a new job. Her boss Aarav strongly dislikes her. Anandita also joins the office as Suchi's immediate boss and both become friends. Anandita is attacked multiple times by an unknown enemy. When Subodh learns about Aarav being Anandita's boss, he instructs her to move out of her house immediately and shift somewhere else, much to her surprise. In the meantime, Suchi continues her search for Bhutu's mother. Aarav comes across Suchi's profile in a matrimonial site and becomes enraged thinking Suchi is flaunting her identity as a single mother to gain sympathy. When he confronts her, Suchi clears his doubt and tells him that she is responsible for a little girl who has no one in the world. Aarav realizes his mistake and slowly starts falling for Suchi.
When Suchi finally discovers Anandita's identity, she rushes to meet her with Bhutu. But before she could reach, Anandita had already left. After relocating, Anandita discovers Bhutu's death wasn't an accident but a murder. Suchi also gets to know about it from a different source and vows to punish the culprit. She starts taking Aarav's help for the same. Bhutu starts feeling left out as Suchi continues to spend more time with Aarav. In her anger, she asks Gopal to strip Suchi of her ability to sense her. But soon she starts missing Suchi. Suchi on the other hand becomes restless as she can't find Bhutu anywhere. Bhutu confesses to Gopal that she had asked Him to punish Suchi because she was angry with her but didn't really mean it. She acknowledges that apart from Anandita, only Suchi loves her dearly and she wouldn't be able to stay without her. Gopal reverses his spell and Suchi reunites with Bhutu.
Aarav confesses his love to Suchi, to which she reciprocates. Soon, she discovers the hidden file of Bhutu's murder case where Aarav was the prime suspect and misunderstandings start growing between the two. Suchi alleges Aarav of the murder and collapses in front of him. To protect her, Aarav surrenders to Police.
It is later revealed that Aarav was innocent and his sister Mansi was the real culprit. Subodh got into an extramarital affair but later refused to accept her. To win him back, Mansi planned an attack on Anandita but unfortunately Bhutu died in the accident. After that incident, Mansi lost her mental balance. Realizing her fault, Suchi apologizes to Aarav and proves him innocent. She gets Mansi arrested and this makes Aarav furious. He vows to exact revenge from Suchi and in a bid to torture her, buys her house.
Suchi decides to leave the house with Bhutu. But Bhutu fails to cross the house's border as she had died in there. Suchi returns home for Bhutu's sake and endures Aarav's taunt. Unable to tolerate Suchi's insult, Bhutu starts playing pranks on Aarav. However she goes overboard with her mischievousness and in a feat of anger, Suchi shouts at her saying she would have gotten her admitted into a boarding school had she been a normal child. Being afraid of Suchi's wrath, Bhutu seeks help from Gopal and hides in her favorite doll. But she is unable to come out and gets stuck. Suchi becomes panicked and starts looking for her. Gopal reveals that Suchi's destiny is to become Bhutu's Yashodha Maa. Earlier incidents had taken place to separate her from Bhutu for a brief period of time during which Suchi will have to experience different phases of motherhood and prove her love for Bhutu. Suchi passes all her tests and finally frees Bhutu from her doll. They finally reunite while Gopal blesses them.
Aarav still continues to play pranks on Suchi. One day, fire breaks into their house due to Gulgule's negligence. Although Suchi saves Aarav in the nick of time, Aarav's mother blames her and goes to hit Gulgule. Suchi stops her and clears her stand on getting Mansi punished for Bhutu's murder. Aarav realizes his mistake and apologizes to Suchi. Babli brings Mansi home on medical ground. Soon Suchi realizes Mansi is not sick but pretending to escape her punishment. Mansi tries to murder Suchi but Bhutu saves her. She also plants a fake medical file claiming she was pregnant with Subodh's child. Anandita after witnessing Subodh's genuine repentance returns home to give their relationship another chance. But after reading the file, she leaves him again. Fed up with Mansi's continuous plotting, Suchi reveals everything to Aarav. Though he refuses to believe her, he promises Suchi that he will get Mansi punished if she is proven guilty. Together, they collect all the evidences and Aarav breaks down. Anandita returns to Subodh and they reunite. Bhutu becomes ecstatic seeing this but when Gopal warns her to go to Suchi, she doesn't take Him seriously. In the meantime, Mansi kidnaps Suchi and elopes. Bhutu becomes frustrated realizing how her ignorance had led to this situation. She pleads Gopal to help her with finding Suchi and for the first time Aarav is able to sense Bhutu. He apologizes to Bhutu on his family's behalf and teams up with her to rescue Suchi. They become successful but the room catches fire and everyone assumes Mansi to be dead. Babli accepts Suchi wholeheartedly and starts preparing for Aarav and Suchi's wedding.
Gopal tells Bhutu that her purpose in the world is fulfilled and now she must sever all her ties and attain salvation. Reluctant at first, when Gopal promises her that she will return as Anandita's daughter, Bhutu agrees. However, she becomes sad thinking about her separation from Suchi. Suchi senses something wrong with her and asks her about the same. When Bhutu tells her about everything, Suchi replies that she does not want to lose her. But she chooses Bhutu's happiness over her own and assures Bhutu that she will come to meet her once she is born.
During the wedding ceremony, Mansi enters the venue in disguise and shoots Subodh. She gets caught but Anandita loses her mental balance. Gopal takes Bhutu away to prevent her from witnessing her father's death. After a week, Bhutu wakes up and gets to know about everything. She discovers that Suchi can no longer sense her as she was supposed to leave the world by then. Suchi is in tremendous amount of pain and confused about Bhutu's sudden departure. Bhutu refuses to leave Anandita alone and throws her ashes. Suchi senses her presence and rushes to their room. She cries her heart out and pleads Bhutu to come in front of her just for once. She emotionally narrates her journey with Bhutu and confesses that she could never love anyone as much as she had loved Bhutu because she was her child. Aarav tries to console Suchi and takes her away. Seeing Suchi and Bhutu's yearning for each other, Gopal lets Bhutu meet Suchi for one last time. They have a brief union when Suchi feels Bhutu and hugs her. But once their time is over, Suchi assumes Bhutu has finally left and attained her salvation. She leaves the house with her family.
Bhutu stays behind for Anandita and emotionally bids farewell to everyone. Season 1 ends with Suchi and Bhutu's separation.
A leap of two years is shown. Bhutu/Pihu is still living in her house and waiting for her mother. Anandita returns home but does not remember Subodh. Bhutu's uncle Vikram makes an entry. He marries Anandita and tries to improve her condition. A new group of criminals enter the house and try different tactics to snatch the property from Anandita. They even present a doppelganger of Bhutu but fails. Bhutu helps her doppelganger - Shona to unite with her real mother. Anandita recovers and soon gets pregnant. She gives birth to a baby girl. Gopal transfer Bhutu's soul into the baby's body and unites Bhutu with Anandita.
Cast (Zee Bangla)Edit
Some characters have been specified by multiple names, depending on who calls them, for example, one name may be used by Bhutu herself in accordance with the family relation, either actual or by relating with similar people, another name may be used by other family members to refer to them informally or by calling, while another is used as the formal name of the character. Some have been specified with parenthesis, some by slashes.
- Arshiya Mukherjee as Bhutu Majumder (Main protagonist)/Putu Majumder (Bhutu's younger sister; Bhutu's lookalike; only on final episode) 
- Samriddho as Logence
- Mimi Dutta as Sudha, Bhutu's real mother
- Animesh Bhaduri as Deepen Majumder alias Deepu, Bhutu's father
- Gita Mukherjee as Bhutu's paternal grandmother (Thammi)
- Riyanka Dasgupta as Mishtu, Bhutu's paternal aunt (Mishti Pisi)[clarification needed]
- Ritoja Majumder/Sangjukta Ray Chowdhury as Krishna; Bhutu's paternal aunt (Jemma)
- Judhajit Banerjee as Bhutu's paternal uncle (Jethu)
- Sourav Chatterjee as Somen Majumder alias Somu, Bhutu's paternal uncle (Kakai)
- Ranjini Chatterjee as Bhutu's Maternal Grandmother (Dida)
- Suman Banerjee as Prabal, Bhutu's elder maternal uncle (Boro Mama)
- Arpita Dutta Chowdhury as Swapna, Bhutu's Mami, Probal's wife
- Soheli Ghosh Roy as Probal & Swapna's daughter, Bhutu's maternal cousin
- Chaitali Chakraborty as Churni Pisi/Ragi Pisi Thamma (Bhutu's elder grandaunt)
- Anindita Sarkar as Renu Pisi / Neki Pisi Thamma (Bhutu's grandaunt)[clarification needed]
- Dwaipayan Das as Shayon; nephew of Bhutu's paternal grandmother (Kannakaku)
- Avery Singha Roy as Arna; Shayon's wife (Karate Kaki)
- Riya Ganguly Chakraborty as Ratri, Shayon's sister
- Prriyam Chakroborty as Bonna; Ayon's wife
- Sampurna Mondal as Ratri's daughter
- Basanti Chatterjee as Mrinal alias Meni, Bhutu's grandaunt (Masi Thammi)
- Alivia Sarkar as Tania; Bonna's sister, later Somu's wife (Ragi Aunty alias Kakimoni)
- Soma Chakrabarty as Guru-ma
- Ashmita Chakrabarty as Munni, a maid
- Pallabi Mukherjee as Chaapa, a maid
- Prantik Banerjee as Boidhujjo Bhowmick
- Kheyali Dastidar as Pune pishi
- Subrata Guha Roy as Johor Dalal
- Sourav Das as Johor's nephew
- Amitava Bhattacharyya as Doctor
- Lily Chakravarty as Thummum; grandmother-in-law of Madhobi, Mouli and Lekha; paternal grandmother of Aniket, Ishani and Nirjhor
- Anindita Raychaudhury as Madhobi / Madhu (as called by her husband) / Mummum; Bhutu's foster mother[clarification needed]
- Biresh Chakraborty/Rajiv Bose as Aniket, Madhobi's husband; elder brother of Ishani and Nirjhor
- Manali Dey as Mouli / Bordidi; eldest daughter of third tenant family; Nirjhor's wife[clarification needed]
- Anindya Chatterjee as Nirjhor / Bheeturaam Kaku; younger brother of Aniket and Ishani; Mouli's husband[clarification needed]
- Sneha Chatterjee as Ishani/Ojha Pisi, sister of Aniket and Nirjhor, sister-in-law of Madhobi and Mouli
- Mou Bhattacharya as the mother of Ishani, Aniket and Nirjhor
- Pritha Bandopadhyay as Roma; Lekha's mother-in-law; paternal aunt of Aniket, Ishani and Nirjhor
- Elfina Mukherjee as Lekha
- Aritra Dutta as Roma's son; Lekha's husband
- Priya Malakar as Roma's daughter; Lekha's sister-in-law
- Boni Mukherjee as school teacher
- Ambarish Bhattacharya as school teacher
- Palash Ganguly as Palash; fiancé of Moul's step-sister
- Moumita Chakrobarti as Konok; Mouli's stepmother/ Gol Jethi
- Sakshi Dona Saha as Mouli's youngest step-sister
- Manasi Sinha as Logence's Pisi Thammi (paternal grandaunt)
- Shraboni Bonik as Reetu; Logence's aunt (Jemma) and Rupsha's mother
- Rohit Mukherjee as Anup; Logence's uncle (Jethu) and Rupsha's father
- Fahim Mirza as Asit; Logence's father and Rupsha's uncle
- Anindita Bhattacharya as Tonu; Logence's mother and Rupsha's aunt
- Swarnadipto Ghosh as Amit; Logence and Rupsha's uncle (Kaka)
- Kanyakumari Mukherjee as Rumi; Logence and Rupsha's paternal aunt (Mishti Pisi)
- Aditya Roy as Bikram; Rumi's lover
- Anindya Banerjee as Ronodeep
- Ishita Chatterjee as Ronodeep's mother
- Roma Guha as Anup, Asit and Rumi's mother
Cast (Zee TV)Edit
- Arshiya Mukherjee as Pihu Subodh Bose (Bhutu) / Shona (Bhutu's doppelganger)
- Viraaj Kapoor as Baal Krishna/Gopal
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Suchi Sharma / Suchi Aarav Randhawa / Burburi
- Kinshuk Mahajan as Aarav Randhawa
- Akanksha Chamola as Anandita Subodh Bose
- Kapil Nirmal as Vikram
- Khushbu Thakkar as Barbie
- Shivangi Verma as Mohini
- Tushar Khanna as Badripasad/Bobby
- Aliraza Namdar as Barbie's father
- Sameer Sharma / Vimarsh Roshan as Subodh Bose (Pihu's father) (dead)
- Dharmik Joisar as Gulgule Sharma
- Tanushree Kaushal as Aarav's mother
- Neetha Shetty as Mansi Randhawa, Aarav's sister
- Cindrella Dcruz as Suman, Suchi's Chhoti Maa
- Vipin Krishan Chahal as Sankalp Sharma, Suchi's brother
- Anjali Priya as Sheetal Sankalp Sharma
- Gaurav Vasudev as Tantarik (Bhootnath)
- Archana Mittal as Sarita Sharma, Suchi's mother
- Karim Hajee as Shuchi's father
- Drishti Chopra as Pooja, Suchi's friend
- Neeraj Goswami as Rishabh
- Shalini Vishnudev as Rakhi Mehta
This show has been remade in Kannada as Anjali the Friendly Ghost, which airs on Zee Kannada, Monday through Friday at 6 pm. The Hindi dubbed version will be aired on the sister channel of Zee Bangla, Zee Anmol beginning 14 November 2016.. The show was remade in Hindi as Bhootu started from 21 August 2017 at 6:30 pm. It will replace the Zee TV show Bin Kuch Kahe. The show was aired on Zee TV starting from 21 August 2017 Monday to Friday at 6:30 pm. It is currently telecast on TV Derana in Sri Lanka with the title Chuti Du and in Malayalam named as Vellinakshathram in Zee Keralam.
- Indiablooms. "After Casper for big screen in Hollywood, Bhutu debuts in Bengali telly as friendly ghost - Indiablooms - First Portal on Digital News Management".
- "Khushbu Thakkar joins Tushar Khanna in 'Bhootu'". Bombay Times. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "A sneak peek into the lives of Bhutu and Potol". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "How can you not fall in love with Bhutu after this?". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "TV Actress Khushbu Thakkar to enter Zee Tv's Bhootu". ABP Live. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Anjali - The friendly Ghost - October 3rd, 2016 - Watch Full Episode Online for Free - OZEE - Zee Kannada". www.ozee.com.