Bharat Bhushan Ashu (born March 20, 1971) is an Indian National Congress politician from Punjab. He is two-time MLA representing the Ludhiana West Assembly Constituency and he was Cabinet Minister of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Government of Punjab.
Shri Bharat Bhushan Ashu
|Cabinet Minister of Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Punjab|
|Succeeded by||Gurpreet Gogi|
|Municipal Sub Councillor|
|Assumed office |
1997 – 2002
|Born||20 March 1971|
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
In the year 2012, he was allotted a ticket of the Indian National Congress to contest from Ludhiana West Vidhan Sabha constituency and he becomes the Deputy CLP leader in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha.
Again in the year 2017, he defeated Ahbaab Grewal of Aam Aadmi Party with a margin of 36,521 votes. He was the Cabinet Minister of Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Punjab.
Ashu had been continuously criticised for his bad temper, arrogance and misbehaviour :
On January 2019, Ashu was publicly seen and captured by media while misbehaving with female officer in a public function.
On February 2019, Audio recordings of Ashu threatening and blackmailing the then DSP & Superintending engineer of Improvement trust went viral.
On October 2019, Ashu was blamed for thrashing his own party's volunteer during a by-election preparations.
- Service, Tribune News. "Ashu has 'perfect' support system in councillor wife". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Members". www.punjabassembly.nic.in. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Nine new ministers sworn in, Capt Amarinder men get plum depts". Hindustan Times. 21 April 2018. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "2017 Ludhiana West - Punjab Assembly Election Winner, LIVE Results & Latest News: Election Dates, Polling Schedule, Election Results & Live Election Updates". India.com. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "LUDHIANA WEST Election Result 2017, Winner, LUDHIANA WEST MLA, Punjab". NDTV.com. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "लुधियाना के 14 जिलों में आशु की सबसे बढ़ी जीत, भाजपा का नहीं खुला खाता". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). 12 March 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "PUNJAB FOOD, CIVIL SUPPLIES & CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT VOWS TO START STATE-WIDE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN ON CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2019 | Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Punjab, India ਸੂਚਨਾ ਤੇ ਲੋਕ ਸੰਪਰਕ ਵਿਭਾਗ ਪੰਜਾਬ ,ਭਾਰਤ". diprpunjab.gov.in. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Election Commission of India webpage result constituency wise all candidates". Election Commission of India.
- "Video capture of Bharat Bhushan Ashu misbehaving with female officer in a public function". Danik Sawera.
- "Audio Recordings of Bharat Bhushan Ashu Threatening and Misbehaving with government officials". Punjab Kesari TV.
- "News coverage". News18 Punjab/Haryana/Himachal.