Beyond International Limited is an international television and film production company with operations in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States. Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: BYI), the company is involved in the creation and international distribution of television, feature films and ancillary products. The company has an extensive television program catalogue of over 5,000 hours and covers all genres including drama, feature films, comedy, children’s, reality, and documentary programs.
|Traded as||ASX: BYI|
|Industry||Television and film production and distribution|
|Founded||1984 in Australia|
|Revenue||A$101 million (2016)|
|A$5.6 million (2016)|
|Total assets||A$45 million (2016)|
|Total equity||A$35 million (2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
The company was formed in 1984 to produce the science and technology magazine program Beyond 2000, a commercial reworking of the program Towards 2000 which aired on the Australian public broadcaster ABC. Beyond 2000 was later rebooted in 2005 as Beyond Tomorrow.
The company was founded by producers Carmel Travers, Iain Finlay and Chris Ardill-Guinness, as well as consultant Phil Gerlach and accountant Mikael Borglund, briefly titled CIC Productions, initially with the intention of making only one program, Beyond 2000 after which the company took its name. The company took responsibility for distributing the series, finding success in selling the program overseas, including to Discovery Channel in America and an American adaptation for FOX.
Early programs produced by Beyond include Just For the Record and Jack Thompson Down Under for Network Ten and Chances for the Nine Network. Beyond's relationship with Discovery Channel saw the company commissioned to produce a number of the channel's early programs, including a nine-season run of Invention and eventually the company's most successful program Mythbusters.
- 800 Words
- Auction Squad
- Backyard Science
- Beach Cops
- Beat Bugs
- Behind Mansion Walls
- Beyond Tomorrow
- Blinky Bill’s Extraordinary Excursion
- Cool Stuff: How It Works
- Curse of Akakor
- Dance Moms
- The Day of the Roses
- Deadly Women
- Fanshaw & Crudnut
- Good Guys, Bad Guys
- Halifax f.p.
- Head Rush
- Heavy Rescue
- Highway Thru Hell
- Hot Auctions
- Kid Detectives
- Lab Rats Challenge
- Love It or List It Australia
- Monster Bug Wars
- MythBusters: The Search
- MythBusters Jr.
- Ocean Girl
- Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door
- Prototype This!
- Selling Houses Australia
- Something in the Air
- White Rabbit Project
- Your Number’s Up
- The Zone
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Beyond International Limited. 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Beyond International Limited". Ausfilm. 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Manning, James (27 October 2015). "Beyond International Celebrates 30 years". Mediaweek. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Stafford, Patrick (25 February 2009). "Beyond International snaps up a bargain from Destra rubble". Smart Company. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Knox, David (21 October 2013). "Seven partners with Beyond for North American push". TV Tonight. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "BYI Share Price and Information". ASX. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "FremantleMedia buys Beyond stake". Variety. 10 September 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Introducing Summer and Fall Programming for Facebook Watch Originals". The Futon Critic. 12 June 2019.