Beverley Ann Mitchell
January 22, 1981
Arcadia, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Loyola Marymount University|
Mitchell was born in Arcadia, California to Sharon Mitchell (née Weisz), an office manager, and David Mitchell, an auto racing promoter. Her parents have since divorced and remarried and she has a half-brother, Giuseppe Tomasino, from her father's second marriage.
Mitchell's first major film role was in The Crow: City of Angels, playing teenaged drug addict Grace. During the filming of The Crow, in 1996, she auditioned as a child actress for the role of Mary Camden in a new family drama, 7th Heaven. Producers initially turned her down as they did not think she was suitable to play Mary. However, when she read for the part of sister Lucy, she was instantly cast. 7th Heaven was very popular, lasting for 11 seasons.
In 2000, she had a small part in The Amanda Show as a customer in Moody's Point.
In 2003, Mitchell played Erica Enders-Stevens in the Disney Channel original movie Right on Track, based on the early career of the 2014 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock champion and her sister Courtney Enders, who was played by Brie Larson.
In 2005, during a hiatus from filming 7th Heaven, Mitchell played Laura Hunter in the horror sequel Saw 2.
Her lifelong dream of becoming a country music singer came true when, in 2006, she recorded her debut album, Beverley Mitchell with record producer D. Scott Miller in Nashville, Tennessee. She co-wrote eight of the songs featured on the album, including the hit single "Angel".
In 2007, Mitchell starred in the TV movie I Know What I Saw, which aired on the Lifetime network. She also planned to record a second album, and hopes to record her own version of the song "When You Say Nothing At All" on the album.
In 1997, Mitchell's 15-year-old friend Angela was killed in a car accident. In the book Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul, Mitchell described how the death deeply affected her. The 7th Heaven episode "Nothing Endures But Change" was based on her experience. Her song "Angel", which is featured on her debut album, was also written for her late friend.
On December 31, 2005, during a trip to Colorado, Mitchell became engaged to her long-time boyfriend, accountant Michael Cameron. They originally planned to get married in 2007, but decided to postpone the wedding due to the release of Mitchell's debut album. The wedding took place on October 1, 2008 in Ravello, Italy on the Amalfi Coast. Former 7th Heaven castmates Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman served as bridesmaids.
On March 28, 2013, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Kenzie Lynne Cameron. On September 4, 2014, she announced they were expecting their second child. On January 28, 2015, they welcomed son Hutton Michael Cameron. On March 17, 2020, she announced on Instagram that they were expecting their third child. On July 17, 2020, they welcomed second daughter Mayzel Josephine Cameron.
|1990||Big Brother Jake||Cassie|
|Children of the Bride||Jersey||TV movie|
|1991||Baby of the Bride|
|1992||Quantum Leap||Becky Pruitt||Episode: "Killin' Time"|
|Sinatra||Little Nancy at 7–9||Miniseries|
|1993||Mother of the Bride||Jersey||TV movie|
|Phenom||Clare||Episodes: "There's No Place Like Home", "A Lou-Daughter Picnic"|
|1994||Melrose Place||Katie Conners||Episode: "No Strings Attached"|
|1995||White Dwarf||XuXu||TV movie|
|Baywatch||Melissa||Episode: "Hot Stuff"|
|1996||The Faculty||Leslie||Episode: "Behavior Among Adults"|
|1996–2007||7th Heaven||Lucy Camden-Kinkirk||Main role (242 episodes)|
|2000||Hey Arnold!||Summer (voice)||Episode: "Summer Love"|
|Girl Band||Suzanne||TV movie|
|2003||Right on Track||Erica Enders|
|2008||Post Mortem||Mackenzie Greer|
|2011–2013||The Secret Life of the American Teenager||Kaitlin O'Malley||Regular role (26 episodes)|
|2012||Get Out Alive||Lucy Foster||TV movie|
|The Haunting Of||Self||Episode: "'The Haunting Of' Beverley Mitchell"|
|2015||A Gift Wrapped Christmas||Stephanie||TV movie|
|2016||Deadly Dance Mom||Beth Hoyson|
|2017–2018||Hollywood Darlings||Herself||Main role (16 episodes)|
|2018||"Rock N' Roll Christmas||Aston Rose|
|2018||Hometown Christmas||Noel Russell|
|2020||Candy Cane Christmas||Phoebe Saunders||TV movie|
|1996||The Crow: City of Angels||Grace|
|2001||Mean People Suck||Kate's Sister||Short film|
|2005||Saw II||Laura Hunter|
|2014||The Dog Who Saved Easter||Alice|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart|
|US Country||US Heat|
|2007||"Heaven on Earth Down Here"|
|2009||"Let's Dream Like We're Gonna Live Forever"|
|2007||"Heaven on Earth Down Here"|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- 1997: Best Performance in a Drama Series – Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 1998: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Leading Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 1999: Best Performance in a TV Series – Young Ensemble (7th Heaven) – Nominated (with Barry Watson, David Gallagher, Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman)
- 2000: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Leading Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 2005: Choice TV Actress: Drama (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- YoungStar Awards
- 1998: Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- 2000: Best Young Ensemble Cast – Television (7th Heaven) – Nominated (with David Gallagher, Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman)
- "Beverley Mitchell Then & Now! – Stanton Daily". stantondaily.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-27. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- DiNunno, Gina (July 20, 2010). "Exclusive: 7th Heaven Star Joins Secret Life". TVGuide. Retrieved December 6, 2019.
- Goldberg, Lesley (15 March 2016). "Jodie Sweetin, Christine Lakin, Beverley Mitchell to Star in Pop Comedy (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul. Scholastic, Inc. 2001. ISBN 9781453278994.
- "Beverley Mitchell Gets Married". TVGuide. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Wihlborg, Ulrica. "Beverley Mitchell Gets Married in Italy". People. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "Beverley Mitchell Welcomes Daughter Kenzie Lynne". People. 2013-04-02.
- "Beverley Mitchell Is Pregnant: 7th Heaven Star Expecting Second Child". Us Weekly. 2014-09-04.
- "Beverley Mitchell Gives Birth to Second Child, Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband Michael Cameron". USWeekly. 2015-02-10.
- "Pregnant! Beverley Mitchel Is Expecting Her 3rd Child After Miscarriage". Us Weekly. 2020-03-17.
- "Rainbow Baby! Beverley Mitchell Gives Birth to 3rd Child After Miscarriage". Us Weekly. 2020-07-19.